v10.5.5 for macOS and Windows (May 18th, 2023):
- Adds “never outdate database” option to Database tab sheet
- Adds DropBox + Box + PCloud + Sharepoint Resumable downloads (within a profile run only)
- Adds OnVerifyTLSCertificate, OnVerifySSHServerFingerprintHook
- Fixes Azure TLS certificate verification issues
v10.5.4 for Windows (May 16th, 2023):
- Fixes a SmartTracking database issue when using multiple destinations in a single profile.
v10.5.3 for Windows/macOS/Linux (May 14th/15th, 2023):
- Implements moving & renaming files on Wasabi, rather than using copy+delete as is necessary with other S3 storages.
- Implements resumable downloads from Google Drive (to tolerate interruptions while the profile is running – no resuming if the profile has completely stopped).
- Avoids unnecessary PCloud reauthentications.
- Fixes an AV that occurred when SmartTracking wanted to rename a conflicting file on the right side and copy both versions in both directions.
- Avoids showing a bogus file size of 1024 Bytes for Google Drive drawings
- Adds a checkmark to never outdate the file list cache.
- Adds OnLogFileClosed PascalScript hook and SkipMoves profile setting.
- Logs reason why a profile was canceled (such as cancel button clicked).
v10.4.6 for Windows (April 26th, 2023):
- Adds support for Hitachi Vantara as S3 compatible storage.
v10.4.1 for Windows (April 19th, 2023):
- Allows new users to connect with Google Cloud Storage.
- Fixes possible upload issues of files over 4GB with Google Cloud Storage.
- No longer tries to connect with SSH/SFTP servers if no user name is given.
v10.4.0 for Windows (April 16th, 2023):
- Contains an updated File System Monitoring Service to fix Windows crashing with a bluescreen since last week’s Windows updates. Only customers who were actively using the File System Monitoring Service were affected (a small percentage of Syncovery users).
- The option “Flat Right Side” has been made more flexible and now allows to keep a specified number of folder levels on the right side.
- Adds command line parameters to SyncoveryCL to stop/pause/resume a profile.
- Various additional improvements.
v10.3.17 for Windows (March 30th, 2023):
- Fixes replacing files on MTP devices (especially Android phones).
- Fixes setting the timestamp for files copied to MTP devices.
v10.3.16 for Windows (March 28th, 2023):
- Fixes a few issues around Compressed Package uploading via Internet Protocols, especially related to resuming and using a temporary filename so the Remote Service doesn’t try to unpack incompletely uploaded packages.
- Additional PascalScript enhancements.
v10.3.14 for Windows (March 19th, 2023):
- PascalScript enhancements.
- Minor fixes.
v10.3.13 for macOS and Windows (March 16th, 2023):
- Now uses TLS 1.2 for AWS Glacier.
- Minor fixes.
v10.3.12 for Windows (March 15th, 2023):
- Fixes a problem with zip files split into parts. When uploading a newer version, Syncovery would delete the older .zip and .z01 files but leave the other parts on the target storage.
- Similarly, if versioning is used and the backup files are split, the split files were not handled correctly (for example not renamed along with the main .zip part).
v10.3.11 for Windows (March 12th, 2023):
- Improves additional destinations dialog in web GUI.
- Fixes a few minor bugs.
v10.3.10 for Linux/NAS (March 9th, 2023):
- Adds a clock in the top right corner of the web GUI, especially useful for checking the server’s timezone.
- On the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet “Misc, License”, it now shows the timezone offset. There’s also a new button to reset the timezone, which will get it from the system it runs on.
v10.3.9 for Windows (March 3rd, 2023):
- A few improvements related to combining “Flat Right Side” with “Spawn subjobs”, which will process a flat right side starting from the specified subfolder level.
- SyncoveryCL can now report the number of files copied via process exit code. To enable this feature, specify the new command line parameter /REPNUMFCP.
- SecureBlackBOX SSL now works with Google Drive.
v10.3.8 for Linux and NAS (February 27th, 2023):
- First Syncovery 10 Release for Linux and NAS.
- Updated web GUI with many optimizations and new available settings.
v10.3.7 for Windows (February 24th, 2023):
- Updated the web GUI with the “Additional Destinations” feature and a few more checkboxes on the Program Settings dialog.
- Removed the 100 open sockets limit from the Windows version. The limit was recently introduced but it caused problems in some cases, which need to be investigated in more detail.
v10.3.6 for Windows (February 19th, 2023):
- Updated the web GUI with some of the new Syncovery 10 features.
- The “Move Files To Destination” mode option to “delete files from the source side which are excluded by masks” now works with hidden and read-only files too.
v10.3.5 for Windows (February 15th, 2023):
- Automatically decodes double-encoded characters when downloading from E-Builder via WebDAV.
- Adds the new S3 storage class “Glacier Instant Retrieval” and the new “bulk” restore option.
- Fixes character encoding bugs with SecureBlackBox. It should now work equally well as TGPuttyLib, including mixed UTF-8 and ANSI encodings.
v10.3.4 for Windows (February 13th, 2023):
- Using the character set “Auto” with SecureBlackBox for SSH/SFTP now defaults to Unicode (UTF-8). The Windows ANSI choice has been implemented for SecureBlackBox.
- Email digests should work better, i.e. you won’t get a lot of separate emails any more as in some of the last versions.
- A bug has been fixed where the watchdog mechanism may have canceled jobs while they were compressing a larger 7-zip archive because it thought the job was hanging.
v10.3.3 for Windows (February 12th, 2023):
- Remove the 129 character limit for the Versioning folder in the profiles.
- Fixes possible hangs in FTP library 1 and crashes in FTP library 2. Neither of these are frequently used, the default library is 3.
- Improves the ability to access folders and files with special Unicode characters which are not encoded in the default character set encoding. An example would be ANSI characters on an FTP storage that normally uses UTF-8. Such folders and files can be accessed via SFTP as well as FTP library 4.
v10.3.2 for Windows (February 10th, 2023):
- Fixes a bug causing inability to start jobs with additional destinations in the background.
v10.3.1 for Windows (February 9th, 2023):
- Profiles with priority level 0 are now exempted from any priority limitations. The new priority mechanism will only affect profiles with a priority level of 1 and higher.
- Added a detailed error message where it would previously only say “Not started – please try again in a short while”.
v10.3.0 for Windows (February 8th, 2023):
- Profiles can now be given a priority. The scheduler can avoid starting lower priority jobs when higher priority jobs are running, or they can be paused if a higher priority job starts later. Alternatively, lower priority jobs can be limited to a single copying thread while a higher priority job is running. The new feature needs to be enabled on the “More” tab sheet of the Program Settings dialog. After that, each profile has a new field in Advanced Mode. You will find the priority field in the top right of the profile editor. We recommend using priority numbers between 1 and 100, but you can go as high as 1000000 or even higher. A higher number means a higher priority.
v10.2.7 for macOS and Windows (February 6th/7th, 2023):
- B2 upload improvements (especially for large files with multi-threaded uploads), including a more efficient socket usage and an automatic limit of max. 100 open sockets. The maximum number will automatically be shared between the threads, so that each thread gets a chance (although a thread sometimes has to wait until a socket slot becomes free).
- E-mail notifications now include the headers Message-Id and MIME-Version to avoid being detected as spam.
- macOS only: avoids unnecessary updating of the login item for the Background Scheduler, to avoid repeated info pop-ups in macOS 13 (Ventura).
- macOS only: fixes umlauts in the German GUI and log files.
- macOS only: Fixes a few bugs related to multiple destinations in a single profile.
v10.2.6 for Windows (January 30th, 2023):
- Additional destinations can now be subfolders of the main destination, although this is not recommended.
v10.2.5 for Windows (January 30th, 2023):
- Fixes two situations where subfolders were not created on the destination side before copying a file (one was a new bug in 10.2.4 when downloading via Internet Protocol, the other case was related to an additional destination being specified in the profile).
v10.2.4 for Windows (January 28th, 2023):
- Fixes a problem where it could take multiple passes to delete folder hierarchies in Exact Mirror mode if “Folder Timestamps” was chosen under Comparison->More.
v10.2.3 for Windows (January 24th, 2023):
- Adds the new PascalScript callback functions FileRename and FileDelete.
- Testing Internet connectivity for local IP addresses now works with only exclusions (and inclusions empty).
v10.2.2 for Windows (January 23rd, 2023):
- The Internet connectivity check feature can now just test for local IP addresses rather than the connection name.
- Fixes binary verification of files with encrypted S3 buckets.
v10.2.1 for Windows (January 21st, 2023):
- Adds compatibility with IDrive e2 as an S3 compatible storage.
v10.2.0 for Windows (January 20th, 2023):
- Speeds up processing of folders in real-time folder based mode.
- Real-time folder based mode honors exclusions better now so that subfolders are not scanned if their name is in the Exclusions.
- Fixes a bug where the same SmartTracking database was used for additional destinations in the profile.
v10.1.16 for Windows (January 4th, 2023):
- Fixes errors with Amazon S3 by implementing an improved detection of S3 buckets requiring AWS Signature Version 4.
v10.1.14 for Windows (December 14th, 2022):
- Fixes a possible/rare application hang.
v10.1.13 for Windows (December 9th, 2022):
- Email notifications are now sent with a message ID so they are accepted by most mail servers.
- FTP connections can now be bound to a specific network interface if the computer has multiple. Use this PascalScript and modify the IP.
- Fixes a possible hang situation
- Various minor fixes
v10.1.12 for Windows (December 2nd, 2022):
- Makes it possible to list a large number of users, groups, or sites and drives via the Microsoft Graph API.
v10.1.11 for Windows (December 2nd, 2022):
- Includes a fix for a rare threading error following unreadable directories.
v10.1.10 for Windows (November 28th, 2022):
- Minor fix: after a failed upload, when Syncovery tries to delete the incompletely uploaded file, it now takes filename encryption into account.
v10.1.9 for Windows (November 26th, 2022):
- In attended mode, Syncovery will now always give you a chance to make room or replace the destination drive if it becomes full during the copying phase.
- Now correctly saves the Ultra compression level for 7-zip files.
- No longer specifies any storage class for S3 uploads of empty files or emulated folder items.
- Additional fixes.
v10.1.8 for Windows (November 21st, 2022):
- Can now access folders listed in the “Computers” section of Google Drive. Just type the computer name in the Container field on the Internet Protocol Settigs dialog.
- Fixes a rare error about a critical section hang when larger cloud hierarchies are scanned with multiple threads.
v10.1.7 for Windows (November 18th, 2022):
- Fixes stability issues with FTP library 1.
v10.1.6 for Windows (November 17th, 2022):
- Improved handling of rare S3 error related to the system time being too different from the S3 server time.
- AcceptAllSSLCertificates=1 can now also be used to accept unknown email server certificates used in the “Email” protocol.
- The Redundancy Master setting is now saved in Status.ini rather than Syncovery.ini, so that the main INI file can be copied to a redundancy slave without making it another master.
v10.1.5 for Windows (November 16th, 2022):
- More efficient real-time event queue, to fix an occasional error “Critical Section Hang”.
- Fixes button positioning in the French profile editor dialog with screen resolutions that use lower than 200% magnification.
v10.1.4 for Windows (November 13th, 2022):
- Folders shared from Google Team Drives are now included when browsing the “Shared with me” folders.
- Fixes an error creating folders via WebDAV, especially when using the checkmark “On the right side, create a new folder each time”.
- Implements retries when closing and appending the log file, possibly fixing rare issues where then main copying phase was missing from the profile run’s log file.
v10.1.3 for Windows (October 31st, 2022):
- Fixes a bug causing the scheduler to not start any profiles with some special settings, especially if the “Max. simultaneous jobs to run in a single execution process” is set to 1.
v10.1.2 for Windows (October 30th, 2022):
- Fixes email notifications being sent almost always, ignoring the actual notification settings.
v10.1.1 for Windows (October 29th, 2022):
- Adds some internal double-checks to ensure that permissions are never modified on the source side in one-way sync profiles.
- Adds details on why an email notification is not sent at the end of a profile log file.
- Fixes a few minor bugs.
v10.1.0 for Windows (October 26th, 2022):
- Removes limitations of Binary Comparison during the folder scanning phase: it can now work with zip/7z files, can run multithreaded, and can compare files even if both sides are using an Internet protocol.
- Always uses temporary filenames when uploading to PCloud, to avoid broken uploads being seen as real (but incomplete/corrupt) files. PCloud is the only modern cloud that accepts interrupted uploads and shows them like normal files, even though they are incomplete.
- When using real-time synchronization, Syncovery now always uses the mode “Process Complete Folders” when working with cloud storage APIs (the ones whose path is shown with the ext:// prefix in Syncovery).
v10.0.10 for Windows (October 20th, 2022):
- Fixes profile groups not being shown in the profile selection list in Wizard Mode.
- Fixes “execute after” command lines prefixed with ++ being executed despite “nothing to do” when using the new sub-job spawning feature.
v10.0.9 for Windows (October 19th, 2022):
- Adds s checkmark on the Options tab sheet of the SmartTracking dialog: “Ignore File Creation Timestamps When Detecting Deleted Files”. This can help if you find that SmartTracking does not always detect deleted files, and the log file contains a line similar to: “File on right side created after last run completed”.
- On the Real-Time Settings dialog, tab sheet “Advanced”, the option to “switch to a normal, full sync if more than X real-time events are to be processed” can now also be used for the default mode “Process Complete folders”.
v10.0.7/8 for Windows (October 19th, 2022):
- These fix Range Check Errors that occurred on one customer’s PC.
v10.0.6 for Windows (October 19th, 2022):
- Improves SmartTracking detection of deleted files.
- The feature “delete nothing to do logs” now works with logs for additional destinations.
v10.0.5 for Windows (October 18th, 2022):
- Fixes additional destinations from a profile being preconfigured as default for a new profile. New profiles will now correctly start empty with no additional destinations.
v10.0.4 for Windows (October 18th, 2022):
- Fixes the visual theme choice not saving.
- Fixes an AV in the file selection dialog (a popup dialog in the subfolder selection).
v10.0.3 for Windows (October 17th, 2022):
- Enables all the new SSH algorithms in the updated SecureBlackBox library so it’s really compatible with all current SFTP servers. The Advanced SSH Settings dialog has been updated to include the new algorithms.
- Includes the new Syncovery Remote Service v10.00 to support the new “block level copying + versioning” feature where the Remote Service is used to make a versioned copy of the destination file, which can then be updated on a block level basis.
v10.0.2 for Windows (October 17th, 2022):
- Fixes a Range Check Error when logging Windows Events in the 64 bit edition, which could also prevent the scheduler from starting.
v10.0.1 for Windows (October 15th, 2022):
- Fixes GUI glitches in the Restore Wizard.
- Minor improvements regarding the support of S3 empty folders.
v10.0.0 for Windows (October 15th, 2022):
- Initial V10 Release.
Detailed Version 9 History