Syncovery 9Syncovery 9, our major new release, is now available for Windows, macOS, and Linux and NAS.
Syncovery 9 requires a license ordered since January 2018.
You can order your Syncovery 9 upgrades now!
- Supports macOS and Windows 10 Dark Mode and various color themes (new in v9.26).
- Includes a new SFTP Implementation called TGPuttyLib, based on PuTTY by Simon Tatham. This will allow very fast transfer speeds.
- The Sz file format can now be used with packages containing more than one file. The Remote Service has been updated to version 9 with the ability to extract Sz packages.
- The multi-file Sz format is now used for archiving json history files from cloud servers that support the changes based listing. The advantage is that json files no longer need to be unzipped prior to processing them, because they can be read from the Sz file directly.
- Three new checkboxes on the Gears toolbar button menu: “Minimize to Tray” (Windows only) and “Run Profiles in Main Window” and “Hide Sync Preview While Copying” (under Running Options). Please note: the GUI uses a square tray icon, while the Background Scheduler uses the traditional round icon. Both can coexist at the same time, which is by design.
- A new way to run profiles is available in the Profile Overview context menu: “Run in Background With Preview”.
- More detailed status reporting for background jobs in the profile overview, with copying rate and ETA.
- Can now set Unix Permissions when using FTP or SFTP (see the second tab sheet of the Internet dialog in the profile).
- A new option is available under Files->More in the profiles: Copy Only XXX MegaBytes per run.
- In Real-Time mode, Syncovery can now regularly check Internet based folders for changes. This works best with cloud storages that use a changes-based listing method: Google Drive, Sharepoint, OneDrive, DropBox, and Box.
For more details, please see Real-Time Synchronization.
The new behavior can be chosen on the Real-Time Settings dialog, on the new tab sheet “Internet Folders (Polling for Changes)”. The new features are also available as separate options, when you scroll down on the “Folders” and “File Age and Size” tab sheets.
- Can upload NTFS security settings and Alternate Data Streams for folders to storages like FTP or Google Drive, by putting them in .metadata-syncovery-MD5 files. These settings can be applied back to local folders on restore/download.
- Can include NTFS security settings and Alternate Data Streams for files in Zip and Sz files. Options for thes features have been added to the Security and Shares dialog as well as the Alternate Data Streams dialog.
- Can upload symbolic links to storages that do not support them, by storing them in .$symlink files. New checkmarks for this feature have been added to the General Filters tab sheet.
- Supports High-DPI monitors with hi-res graphics and fonts.
- Supports “Shared with me” items on Google Drive. Use the topmost Browse button on the Internet Protocol Settings dialog to choose between your main Google Drive and Shared with me items (and possibly additional Shared Drives or Team Drives).
- Allows minimizing while building file list.
- Is generally more responsive. All network accesses are now performed in separate threads. Profiles can be canceled even while Syncovery is waiting for a response from the network or server.
The new TGPuttyLib SFTP Library is a DLL conversion of the psftp program from the PuTTY suite. You can find more about PuTTY on the PuTTY Homepage.
The TGPuttyLib DLL is free software, just like PuTTY, and distributed under the following license (unlike Syncovery, which is a commercial product):
PuTTY License PuTTY is copyright 1997-2019 Simon Tatham.
Portions copyright Robert de Bath, Joris van Rantwijk, Delian Delchev, Andreas Schultz, Jeroen Massar, Wez Furlong, Nicolas Barry, Justin Bradford, Ben Harris, Malcolm Smith, Ahmad Khalifa, Markus Kuhn, Colin Watson, Christopher Staite, Lorenz Diener, Christian Brabandt, Jeff Smith, Pavel Kryukov, Maxim Kuznetsov, Svyatoslav Kuzmich, Nico Williams, Viktor Dukhovni, and CORE SDI S.A.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.