v6.32 (May 9, 2013):
- Fixes “deletions disabled” due to discrepancies caused by short vs long file names (AFILER~1.TXT).
- Windows only: accented characters are now automatically normalized to the Unicode C format, preventing various issues when syncing with Apple products using Internet Protocols such as WebDAV.
- Database-safe mode, when uploading files via Internet Protocols, now allows other applications read access (like normal copying has done for a long time already).
- Various additional improvements.
v6.31 (Apr 11, 2013):
- Now shows SSH key fingerprints as MD5 rather than SHA1.
- Fixes a problem that could cause newer files now being downloaded from Google Docs if they already exist in an older, zipped version on the destination.
- Fixes Azure authentication on Mac if the timezone is not near GMT.
- SVG files uploaded to Amazon and other cloud services now get the correct MIME type.
v6.30a (Mar 31, 2013):
- Fixes an error running profiles in parts that was a new bug in 6.30 (when a job is split up due to a large number of files).
v6.30 (Mar 28, 2013):
- Eliminates the “Sorting file list” step.
- Adds the option to attach a file chosen by the user to notification emails.
- Fixes a few bugs.
v6.23a (Feb 28, 2013):
- Fixes the scheduler not starting in version 6.23.
v6.23 (Feb 28, 2013):
- Fixes a Glacier vault inventory processing problem.
- Fixes/improves exclusion processing in real time folder mode.
- Wizard Mode: fixes some default values for options not shown in Wizad Mode.
- Additional minor fixes.
v6.22 (Feb 15, 2013):
- The Remote Service was updated again today without a version number change in the main program, because the Remote Service that was released on Feb 14 did not work with some Unicode characters (International characters).
v6.22 (Feb 14, 2013):
- Optimized the MD5 algorithm in assembly language in the main program and in the Remote Service.
- Fixed various bugs concerning the behavior of the destination cache when used with large jobs that would be run in parts (split up).
- Fixes a bug where files could be mentioned with errors at the end of the log despite having been copied successfully after creating a volume shadow.
- Improves handling of reparse points / directory junctions / symbolic links.
- Avoids infinite recursions in the file list when following symbolic links or directory junctions.
- Two Glacier jobs can now access the same vault at the same time if they are running in the same process.
- Fixes verifying files against Amazon S3 that have been uploaded with the multipart API (such files are not reported with their MD5 checksum by Amazon).
- RSync over SSH can now use ports other than 22. Rsync problems in 6.21 have been fixed.
- Fixes a bug causing occasional access violation errors that was new in version 6.21.
- Adds the -I command line parameter to RSync invocations to foce copying files even if the timestamp is unchanged.
- The Zero-Byte overwrite protection is no longer applied to files which are zero byte in size on both sides.
- Fixes remote listing problems when the subfolder selection contained folders with non-ASCII characters.
- Fixes occasional access violation errors uploading to Amazon Glacier.
- Fixes downloading individual zipped files when using the file list cache database as source in the Restore Wizard.
- Adds support for Amazon Glacier.
- Adds an FTP checkmark: “Respect passive mode IP address given by server.”. This is necessary if the FTP server expects data connections on a different IP address from the main control channel.
- Fixes an issue with the volume shadowing option “Use For All, Create Shadow Before Building File List” that could cause deletions to be disabled due to discrepancies between the file list on the volume shadow and the live one. The new version will look at the shadow only when double-checking deleted files.
- Fixes multipart file upload to Amazon S3 with extremely large files.
- Fixes an issue where resuming the upload of a ZIP Package in a separate run would not work.
- Windows only: adds more settings to control the processing of NTFS reparse points.
- You can now download individual files from HTTP sites even if the index cannot be downloaded because it issues a redirect. The filename(s) to download are specified in the File Masks field.
- Syncovery_realtime_status_log.txt will contain fewer entries and the detail level can be set.
- Windows only: the SNI information in HTTP SSL sessions has been fixed.
- Selecting subfolders when downloading from HTTP sites has been fixed.
- Fixes Rsync via SSH which was broken in 6.18.
- Fixes Enforce Hard Links on Windows sometimes not working.
- Fixes a problem where uploads over 5GB to Amazon S3 would fail if settings were chosen that caused a temporary filename to be used. Uploads to S3 never use a temporary filename now because items over 5GB cannot be renamed on S3.
- Fixes some Rsync issues.
- Now copies third party reparse points.
- Fixes parsing of some FTP listings with links.
- Bypass File Buffering by Windows no longer enforces a temporary filename to be used for copying, but only in Exact Mirror mode.
- Adds the /CHOOSESUBFOLDERS command line parameter.
- Fixes a rare I/O error 105.
- Fixes a problem introduced in v6.16 which would require a folder for deleted files to be specified for both sides (instead of one or none) when using the Move Files mode.
- Adds four new safety features to prevent unintended deletions due to network interruptions:
- Cancels deletions if the folder for deleted files is not OK.
- Cancels deletions if any subfolder cannot be read due to network issues.
- Always double-checks the non-existence of folders.
- Double-checks the non-existence of up to 100 files even if the double-check setting is off (on the tab sheet Files->Deletions).
- Fixes some rsync issues.
- Windows only: fixes a bug when listing files or folders with Unicode characters on Amazon S3.
- Windows only: fixes an occasional bug with Chinese FTP listings.
- A few email subjects and log file names have been modified.
- Windows only: fixes a scheduling bug with realtime folder mode that could prevent it from launching profiles.
- Windows only: fixes UTF-8 encoding of email notifications.
- Windows only: fixes problems where real-time folder mode may stop working.
- Fixes a versioning bug that could cause filenames versioned with both .$1$. and a timestamp in the filename.
v6.12a (Windows only):
- Fixes a problem where real-time folder mode would not sync the base folder (only subfolders).
- Fixes Unicode handling in log files.
- Fixes a bogus error copying files and causing a “RETRY” that could happen when File Security Details was chosen for logging.
- Fixes an access violation error when the Restore Wizard was used with a database as well as a folder pre-selection.
- Mac only: the dialog asking if a file can be overwritten or deleted will now show the right-most part of long paths and file names so that the file name can be seen, rather than just the beginning of the path.
- Mac only: fixes inability to zip some special filenames.
- Mac only: fixes handling of colons in the base paths.
- Fixes a rare problem when using the volume shadowing setting “Use For All, Create Shadow Before Building File List”. On older Windows machines (especially Windows XP), it could occur that the volume shadow “goes away” while the file list is being built. In some cases, this could cause folders to be detected as deleted folders even though they still existed. This issue has been fixed.
- Mac only: can now download files from Google Drive that contain umlauts and were uploaded on Mac but not with Syncovery.
- In the Profile Overview, you can now enable/disable all selected profiles at once.
- Fixes a bug in real-time folder mode causing a message such as “‘abc’ is not a valid floating point value”.
- Improves SmartTracking in detecting new empty folders versus deleted ones.
- Fixes a rare “Not zip” error reading the file list.
- Fixes Unicode / UTF-8 encoding of log and XML files.
- Syncovery no longer produces an error messages about symbolic links that cannot be zipped. These are now silently skipped.
- Further improvements.
- Fixes a few SmartTracking bugs.
- Fixes a bug introduced in 6.08 which would cause the new real-time folder-based mode to fail with longer subfolder paths.
- Fixes Unicode characters in log files.
- Fixes Unicode characters in folder names in the new real-time folder mode.
- Fixes profiles leading to “INCOMPLETE” in some special situations (mostly when using an External Copying Tool).
- Shutdown on Windows XP has been fixed.
- Additional information logged to the realtime status log (if enabled).
- Profile information in the log files not includes the configuration file path as well as the last modification date and time of the profile.
- Implements a new functionality for real-time synchronization in conjunction with a time window.
The program can now monitor the folders for changes all day long but do the copying only within the specified time window. To take advantage of this functionality the following settings need to be combined:
- Schedule: no schedule on the Schedule tab sheet
- Real Time Sync selected on the Monitoring/Realtime tab sheet
- Real Time Settings:
- the checkbox “Run profile entirely once” must be deselected
- “Process Complete Folders” must be chosen (on Windows only)
- Weekdays and Time Window:
Specify the time window when it should do the copying.
- Fixes a WebDAV incompatibility.
- Macintosh: Can now convert old configuration files for use on Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion”
- Macintosh: Now compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion”
- Windows: Fixes printing of the Sync Preview which was broken.
- Windows: Adds a checkmark under Comparison->More: “Folder Attribute Comparison”. Because it is off by default, this fixes the bogus “attr->” action shown for folders when the destination volume does not support some folder attributes (such as Samba network drives)
- Fixes an incompatibility with the Rumpus FTP server
- Fixes errors related to restoring files from a synthetic backup set as well as uploading to Microsoft Azure.
v6.01, build 102 (Windows):
- Adds a new checkmark on the General Filters tab sheet: Follow Junction Points / Symbolic Links to Folders.
- Fixes the Restore Wizard never using a database for the file list.
- The /RUNX= command line parameter can now use a * at the end when invoking SyncoveryService.exe.
- When using rsync, you can now use – as username and password to indicate that no username or password is used.
- Symbolic links in Windows user home directories are now ignored if they can’t be accessed (like V5 did).
v6.01, build 102 (Mac):
- fixes the Migration Wizard which sometimes imported the wrong configuration (an older one), as well as a few other bugs.
v6.00a, build 101 (Mac only):
- fixes some registration codes not being recognized.
v6.00, build 100:
- Initial Syncovery Release.