Groups - Order/Reset

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Post Reply
fletch
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Groups - Order/Reset

Post by fletch »

Using drag-n-drop, it looks like Groups can have sub-groups - interesting

Can groups be manually sorted?

What does Reset Groups do?
tobias
Posts: 2268
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Groups - Order/Reset

Post by tobias »

Hi,
I think groups are always in alphabetical order.

Reset Groups deletes all groups and derives them fresh from the first word in the profile name.

There's a prompt that explains it and asks you for confirmation.
fletch
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Re: Groups - Order/Reset

Post by fletch »

Glad there's a confirmation on Reset in case I accidentally click it :)

Sorting is not that important - just kind of odd that you can nest them but not arrange them.
fletch
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Re: Groups - Order/Reset

Post by fletch »

Coming back to this, how can I rearrange the order of profiles in a group? I was thinking drag-n-drop but dragging only highlights groups as I drag.
tobias
Posts: 2268
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Groups - Order/Reset

Post by tobias »

You need to rename them to achieve the order you want, for example:

GroupName A Topmost Profile
...
...
GroupName Z Last Profile
fletch
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Re: Groups - Order/Reset

Post by fletch »

Ok, thanks, that was my guess. I just came up with a naming system that sorts them as desired.
Post Reply