onedrive/sharepoint credentials

English Support for Cloud Storage
roclab

onedrive/sharepoint credentials

Post by roclab »

Hi,

I need to sync files from our file server to someone else`s onedrive.

What is the proper way to put the credentials to do the sync ?

Thanks

tobias

Re: onedrive/sharepoint credentials

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the good thing is that Syncovery doesn’t need the actual credentials. Instead, it receives a token when the owner authorizes it.

To authorize it, choose the OneDrv or OneDrv for Business protocol and click the Browse button.

To have multiple connections with different accounts, type their names or mail addresses into the field
Account (opt.)

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
some additional information.

We have a documentation page about OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and Sharepoint here:
https://www.syncovery.com/sync-migrate-sharepoint/

Also a short FAQ page about connecting to multiple different accounts:
https://www.syncovery.com/documentation ... d-storage/

I hope this helps.

roclab

Post by roclab »

It`s working!

However I can see that the right hand side is set as "ext://OneDrive for Business/..." so I entered the destination`s credentials since it`s his account.

Should I have entered the O365 admin account instead ? Because I`m affraid if I do another account it will ovveride the previous creds, am I right ?

Thanks

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you did it correctly. Even an M365 admin does not by default have access to each user's OneDrive.

You can add other accounts. No problem. Just type an account name or email in the field
Account (opt.)
on the Internet Protocol Settings dialog.

Whenever you type something new in that field and click the Browse button, Syncovery will initiate a fresh authorization process in your web browser, and you get the chance to log in with a different account.

On the other hand, if you want to reuse an existing connection, you can type the same string into this field that you've connected before. In that case, Syncovery will use the existing connection.

New connections never overwrite or replace existing ones, unless the existing connection has expired due to inactivity. An inactivity of 30 days or more can cause a connection to expire, and then Syncovery will launch the authorization process again, and you need to make sure you make the correct connection again.

If you need to back up many users' OneDrives, there is actually a way to create a service account and grant it access to multiple OneDrives. If you have such an account, you would use the Graph protocol in Syncovery, and before using the Browse button to authorize it, go to the second tab sheet of the Internet Protocol Settings dialog, and choose: Access multiple users' OneDrives.