HTTP directory listing: Inclusion Mask "kvrt.exe" downloads $index.html instead

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Post Reply
ForestQ
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:25 am

HTTP directory listing: Inclusion Mask "kvrt.exe" downloads $index.html instead

Post by ForestQ »

Hello,
I have a problem downloading a specific file from an HTTP directory listing.
URL:
https://devbuilds.s.kaspersky-labs.com/ ... test/full/

The directory currently contains:
kvrt.exe 120783232 bytes
kvrt.xml 339 bytes

The server returns a normal HTML directory listing:

<a href="kvrt.exe">kvrt.exe</a>
<a href="kvrt.xml">kvrt.xml</a>

I created a Syncovery profile with:
Left side:
https://devbuilds.s.kaspersky-labs.com/ ... test/full/
Inclusion Masks:
kvrt.exe

However, Syncovery does not download kvrt.exe.

Instead, it downloads:
$index.html

The downloaded file contains the HTML directory listing itself.

I also tried the following:

1. Enabling "Download and analyze all HTML files"
2. Disabling "Download and analyze all HTML files"
3. Using only "kvrt.exe" in Inclusion Masks
4. Entering the complete URL directly:

https://devbuilds.s.kaspersky-labs.com/ ... l/kvrt.exe

With the direct URL, Syncovery also creates/downloads an empty $index.html instead of the EXE.

This is not a general HTTP problem on my system. I have 19 other Syncovery profiles downloading files from HTTP/HTTPS servers, and they work normally.

The same kvrt.exe URL can be downloaded successfully with other download managers/browsers.

So it seems that Syncovery has a problem with this particular HTTP directory listing or with handling the direct file URL on this server.
Could you please check why Syncovery downloads $index.html instead of following the kvrt.exe link and downloading the actual file?

Thank you.
tobias
Posts: 2263
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: HTTP directory listing: Inclusion Mask "kvrt.exe" downloads $index.html instead

Post by tobias »

Which Syncovery version are you using?

The latest 12.8.6 does see kvrt.exe, but unfortunately it thinks the size is 1 Byte, and then errors after the download.

I'm fixing that.
ForestQ
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:25 am

Re: HTTP directory listing: Inclusion Mask "kvrt.exe" downloads $index.html instead

Post by ForestQ »

11.16.4 linux
tobias
Posts: 2263
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: HTTP directory listing: Inclusion Mask "kvrt.exe" downloads $index.html instead

Post by tobias »

Thanks, I have fixed the problem and it will work with the next Syncovery 12 for Linux.

Maybe I can include the fix in Syncovery 11 too, but I am not sure.
Post Reply