Stop/Start Profile at date

German Support for Syncovery on Windows
PINOIT

Stop/Start Profile at date

Post by PINOIT »

We are using version 8.68h and I would like a certain profile with a schedule to only run as long as a certain date is not reached.
In addition I would like another profile to start running at a certain date with a schedule.

You sure get it, I would like to replace a profile at a given date with a new one.

I did not find any option for that but with that many possibilies I might just have overseeen it?

tobias

Re: Stop/Start Profile at date

Post by tobias »

Hello,
is this a one-time occurrence? How far in the future is that date? Is the first profile eventually going to be deleted, because it will never be used after the date has been reached?

It looks like the only way to do this is with a PascalScript. Ideally in Syncovery 9. Can you check if you can upgrade? So I know for which version to write the script.

PINOIT

Re: Stop/Start Profile at date

Post by PINOIT »

Hi,

the profiles are scheduled to run every day at a given time but yes the switcheroo to a new profile (new destination) is a one time job.

Thus as I was able to switch the start time to 19:00 I am able to just disable the old profile over the day and activate the new one. Thanks for offering to write a script but please use your time for someone who needs it ;)
Really thanks for the offer!

We are using 8.86h as mentioned before and to be honest I do not know whether our license does allow an upgrade.

If not present in v9 why not implement a possible configuration to start a profile at a given date and time and have it end at a given date/time as well? Otherwise one would always have to enable/disable a profile manually which otherwise runs in a recoccuring schedule.

Kind Regards

Stefan