Seeing profile changes reflected in "run with preview"

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
vance

Seeing profile changes reflected in "run with preview"

Post by vance »

Hello Tobias --

I've used the Windows version for several years, and now I'm using Linux. I'm can't tell if this behavior is expected or erroneous.

In Windows, I can create a profile, and then iteratively make changes to the profile and then run "run attended" to see what the scan identifies. For example, I can select different subfolders, change file masks, etc. In this way I can optimize the profile.

But this isn't working in Linux. (Here I'm using "run with preview", which I assume is roughly the same feature.) The first time I run with preview, there's a file scan. But in the successive times, it just very quickly presents me with the same list as for the previous attempt, ignoring the new profile changes and not scanning the directory.

Am I missing something about how to do the configuration? I assume there must be some way to do what I'm trying to do?

BTW, this is a distro called Ubuntu-Cinnamon Remix, which is essentially Ubuntu 21.04 with the Cinnamon UI bolted onto it. It's a new installation.
Syncovery is v9.38.

tobias

Re: Seeing profile changes reflected in "run with preview"

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks for trying the Linux version!

It is not enough to close the browser tab that contains the Sync Preview. You need to actively cancel / stop the profile, so that you can start it again after making changes.

There is a Cancel button on the Sync Preview, as well as a Stop Profile button on the main Syncovery tab.

vance

Post by vance »

I see. So yes -- now every time I cancel and re-run, there's a scan process that begins. And, any mask filter changes are reflected in the re-run.

However, the subfolder selection unfortunately isn't having any effect. Rather, all folders are being displayed, except the ones I've masked out. I can't think of a configuration reason this would happen. I'll email you a log file.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
this can happen if checkmarks are placed on both sides of the subfolder selection dialog.

Please make sure only one side contains any checkmarks.

For example, a checkmark at the top of either side means that all subfolders are included, even the subfolders from the other side.

vance

Post by vance »

That was it. I had checked the right side in an attempt to solve the earlier problems. Now that I unchecked it, it's working as expected. Thanks!