Case sensitive issue

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
angeloxx

Case sensitive issue

Post by angeloxx »

Scenario:
SmartTracking configuration with Case Sensitive Mode active, Left To Right, SYncovery 9.32, Remote agent on both sides

Starting from the initial synchronization the scripts report this error for a group of files on the Left:

Code: Select all

File path    : /data/share/nfs-mail-g-eqs-mboxes/xxxxx.it/f.xxxxx/.Angelo/cur/1311697111.P31739Q29.mail-c,S=1868:2,RS
Opening error: 2 = File not found
Error getting status: /data/share/nfs-mail-g-eqs-mboxes/xxxxx.it/f.xxxxx/.Angelo/cur/1311697486.P31775Q0M743638.mail-c,S=1564:2,S, Error Code: 2 (File not found) - trying direct API copying
and its correct, the 1311697486.P31775Q0M743638.mail-c,S=1564:2,S files doesn't exists there, but exist in:

/data/share/nfs-mail-g-eqs-mboxes/xxxxx.it/f.xxxxx/.angelo/cur/1311697486.P31775Q0M743638.mail-c,S=1564:2,S,
And both directories:

/data/share/nfs-mail-g-eqs-mboxes/xxxxx.it/f.xxxxx/.Angelo/cur/
/data/share/nfs-mail-g-eqs-mboxes/xxxxx.it/f.xxxxx/.angelo/cur/
exist with different content. I suspect that the program does not support properly case sensitive filesystem.

tobias

Re: Case sensitive issue

Post by tobias »

Hello,
unfortunately, the remote service does not support case sensitive mode. I will fix that as soon as possible. Are both of your remote sides also Linux?

Also for one-way syncing, please use Standard Copying or Exact Mirror. Because SmartTracking is only for two-way syncs.

You can avoid the need for the remote service by installing the main Syncovery software directy on the source machine, and using "Cache Destination File List" to speed up listing the destination. This option is on the Special tab sheet.

angeloxx

Re: Case sensitive issue

Post by angeloxx »

Thank you tobias for your support.
I confirm that both remotes are Linux and at the moment I prefer to use Syncovery on a single orchestrator node that mount multiple pairs of remote storages via NFS, using remote service to speed up file listing.

At the moment I can switch off remote and wait for the fix, thank you a lot.

About SmartTracking: in this initial stage of evaluating the product, I configured the service in one-way but the target configuration will be the two- (remote)-way-syncs.

Thank you again!