Names below have been sanitized, but the construct is accurate. The domain is an internal domain. We manage the top level domain.
- libsmbclient has been installed.
- The remote machine is named, sm-er.customer.hh.
- The netbios name of the domain is HHC.
- There is a hidden share on the Windows machine, 'backup$'.
- The username is 'syncovery'. It is a domain user, not machine-local.
- The remote machine is Windows 2019 server, which is just Windows 10 1809.
- I have validated that I can connect to the share from another Windows 10 machine.
- I have not tried to connect via the SMB client - smbclient is not installed - from the machine running Syncovery as I want the install to be as minimal as possible. I assume nothing else needs to be loaded for your code, other than libsmbclient. I don't see much documentation for the Linux version. Maybe I am missing it.
for the user name I have tried...