Ubuntu ProLaint AMD Install

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
Leatherneck

Ubuntu ProLaint AMD Install

Post by Leatherneck »

I have built a small HP ProLaint AMD sever and installed Ubuntu20.04.1 LTS on it.

Now it is time to install Syncovery 9 to operate from the Ubuntu GUI. I have installed 9.12 AMD64 Deb, can I make this useable from the GUI without needing to start from the CLI each time (this is for my son, so he needs GUI access from an Icon or for it to autostart each time it boots.

If this is not possible and I installed the wrong package, which one should I install as from the Linux 9.0 page as I only see an AMD package under QNAP and his is not a QNAP Server.

Thanks. I am OK using the CLI but still please be detailed if giving instructions IE please don't assume I know that I should type wget or whatever.

Leatherneck

Re: Ubuntu ProLaint AMD Install

Post by Leatherneck »

Well, looks like I just needed to Reboot one more time! Localhost is now working to bring up the WebGUI!

Yet, any additional suggestions are always welcome.

tobias

Re: Ubuntu ProLaint AMD Install

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, the Debian package should install and run the service automatically so that it becomes available on port 8999. Usually it becomes available immediately. Not sure why the reboot was necessary, but in the future it should always be running, because the service is started when Ubuntu boots.