Install/update turning of scheduler in profile.

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
John7

Install/update turning of scheduler in profile.

Post by John7 »

I had thought wrongly that there was a update some time ago but after installing it realized it was my error. A few days ago I realized the profile hadn’t been running due to the scheduler r not being selected. I wondered if my reinstall had caused it as I stopped the scheduler. It was the same with 9.21 today, I stopped scheduler and installed the update OK but when I checked the profile has lost using the scheduler, the options were still setup OK but the option was unselected. I tried stop scheduler and profile remained right with scheduler setup and selected. It looks to be something in installing the program or updating has been turning it off.

tobias

Re: Install/update turning of scheduler in profile.

Post by tobias »

Hello,
there isn't a known issue similar to this. After installing an update, you should always check if the scheduler is running and if jobs are scheduled and shown with a "Next Run" time. I think I would need before/after screenshots to understand this better. Maybe when installing the next update you can document the process with screenshots so we can understand it better.

If you think that profile settings have changed, you can compare log files. Each log file has the complete settings listed at the end.

On which type of machine are you using Syncovery?

John7

Post by John7 »

It’s a Synology DS920+ I will try to remember to do screen shots next time.

John7

Post by John7 »

I found the schedule has been removed from the profile by the backup running last night. I have sent screan shots and last night log vis e-mail.

John

Have run it in unattended and that didnt change any thing.

John7

Post by John7 »

It did it again last night, have e-mails logs again. As a backup its a bd problem, I may as well do a manula backup each day as it is at pressent

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
something you can try is right-click a profile and choose "Lock Profile Settings".

I did not receive any emails from you, can you send them to support@syncovery.com or info@syncovery.com?

John7

Post by John7 »

For some madness the shedual isn't running to the NAS time either, its running just after 10.00 rather than 11.00 and the NAS time is right.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
please send log files where I can see this.

plucente

Post by plucente »

I am having the same issue.

Syncovery 9.12 on a QNAP TS-531X QTS 4.5.1.1495

No issues with the scheduler stopping, but after each successful profile run, the schedule is toggled off and I have to manually toggle it back on.

I will try enabling "Lock Profile Settings" on the profile and report results.

tobias

Post by tobias »

9.26b fixes it!