Realtime Sync

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
pault

Realtime Sync

Post by pault »

Hello,

Installed Syncovery on Ubuntu 20.04 and i noticed that it is missing the button to enable Realtime Sync on the Monitoring/Realtime tab of the profile. Is it not supported on Linux? Or is there something else i need to install\enable to get it to work?

I am copying from a local folder to google drive if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Paul

tobias

Re: Realtime Sync

Post by tobias »

Hello,
this is not available on Linux. You need to use regular synchronization.

It's possible that it might be added in 1-2 years, but the problem on Linux is that the number of subfolders that can be monitored is limited. The limit can probably be increased, but there's always a limit and I'm not sure what the impact is on performance if there is a larger number of subfolders.

Regular scans are usually not that expensive.

romprod

Post by romprod »

Just checking in to see if you are any closer to adding this?

FYI my use case is to monitor a single folder for photo uploads and then to move them to OneDrv as quick as possible, so the number of folders or subfolders is just one for the profile as I know exactly where the photo's are going to be uploaded to. I'm unsure if this would help?

This feature would be of huge advantage for me if you were able to implement it in some form?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I am currently in the final weeks (months?) of delivering the last quality updates for Syncovery 9. Version 9.4x for macOS and Linux still need to be released. When that is done, I will determine which are the most requested features and start working on Syncovery 10.