Schedule running an hour early

English Support for Syncovery on Linux etc.
John7

Schedule running an hour early

Post by John7 »

I have 10.3.8 on a Syncovery NAS. I have a backup scheduled for 23.00 every night. Since version 10 its run at 22.00 not 23.00. The NAS time is right, Syncovery even says the time of the next run is 23.00 and the last run was 22.00. It would look that both NAS and Syncovery have the right time but something is causing the schedule to run an hour early every day. Any ideas as to how to correct this?

tobias

Re: Schedule running an hour early

Post by tobias »

Hello,
apparently the scheduler is using a different timezone than you are.

You could try restarting the Syncovery service from the Synology DSM.

Another possibility is to go to the Program Settings dialog in Syncovery, and on the Misc tab sheet, click the button "Configure Syncovery Timezone to Match This Browser". The disadvantage of that could be that you need to to it again every time the daylight saving time starts or ends.

I will need to add more features related to this, including showing the current internal timezone offset and resetting it.

John7

Post by John7 »

Closed and restarted the program from Package Center, will see how it goes. Time zone is under Misc, Licence so will have a look at that if need be. I could try reinstalling the program as well, never know! The other option is to reset the time to run the backup by an hour.

Will try reinstall tomorrow as its running at 22.00 again.

John7

Post by John7 »

Have reinstalled and rebooted the NAS so will see if that sors it tonight. If not will change run from 23.00 to 24.00 as its clashing with events at the other end of the backup.

John7

Post by John7 »

Still running at 22.00 will have to change to 24.00 (well that ends up as 00.00) as its causing problems at the other end clashing with a home working backup time slot for that NAS! See what that does

John7

Post by John7 »

This is geting mad, looked this morning and I am told the shedual ran at 23.00 (it was running at 22.00) and the time of the next one is 23.00 (when I changed it to 00.00 last night). The logs say it ran twice which might be the 00.00 time, but its showing 23.00 for the next run so I will change it back to 00.00 and see.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
could you send a few log files to support@syncovery.com?

John7

Post by John7 »

Have sent some

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks for the logs.

I have released Syncovery 10.3.10 now. It will show a clock in the top right corner, so you can see if the scheduler is in the correct timezone.

In addition, I have added more features to the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet "Misc, License". It will show the timezone offset, which in your case should be 0 minutes I think. And there is a new button to reset the timezone, which will get it from the system it runs on.

Maybe this helps somehow. If you have an AM/PM time format, then midnight needs to be specified as 12:00 AM. For a 24 hour clock it's 00:00.

John7

Post by John7 »

The reset time zone must have done somthing as the schedule ran at 00:00:02. Why 02 seconds got added to when it ran is odd but not a problem. Iv moved the running time back to 23:00 and see if that works OK but looks like it should. Thanks.

YES ran at 23.00 brilant