Google volumes "Computers"

English Support for Cloud Storage
rmichelena

Google volumes "Computers"

Post by rmichelena »

I've used Syncovery for quite some time now but it's the first time trying to use it with Google Drive. (business)
In Google Drive (web interface) I have "My Drive", "Shared Drives" (and various within), "Shared with me" and "Computers"; in "Computers" I have various MacBooks on which I've synced some folders (downloads, desktop, etc.)

Syncovery does not support these. When trying to choose a volume, it shows "my drive", "shared with me", and the various "shared drives" volumes, but not the "computers" volumes.

I also tried placing into My Drive a shortcut to one of the "Computers" folders; but Syncovery does not see/follow google drive's shortcuts.

Anyone knows of a way to sync to those folders, any workaround ?

thanks,

Roberto Michelena

tobias

Re: Google volumes "Computers"

Post by tobias »

Hello,
it's not possible yet, I will try to add it.

rmichelena

Post by rmichelena »

Hi, any chance this will make it to v10 ? would be really useful... trying to use Syncovery on top of Google Drive MacOS client (as if the mounted drive was local volume), it chokes...

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the new version 10.1.8 can now access folders listed in the “Computers” section of Google Drive. Just type the computer name in the Container field on the Internet Protocol Settigs dialog.

There is no dialog to choose the computers from. You need to type the name yourself, exactly as shown in the Google Drive. The reason is that there seems to be no direct way of getting the list of computers using the Google Drive API.