Dropbox timing out with WD NAS transfer

English Support for Cloud Storage
jewelclark

Dropbox timing out with WD NAS transfer

Post by jewelclark »

Hi!
I am trying to use Syncovery to transfer files from WD DL2100 NAS (using the app created for the WD) to a Dropbox account but the Dropbox connection times out around 4 hours or so. Researching the issue, it appears Dropbox has instituted a 4 hour cut-off for API tokens, and it appears connectivity using Syncovery is affected. I'm a completely new user to your software so I'm wondering if there is any advice/ setting to establish a connection that doesn't expire while we transfer all this data? I realize this is a Dropbox issue, apart from this, Syncovery is working great, but as Dropbox is a selectable cloud solution, I'm wondering if you are aware of/have a solution for this issue.

Right now, after about 4 hours, the connection fails, Syncovery continues trying to connect until we stop the profile, then the link to reauthorize the connection with Dropbox appears in the profile area and once that's clicked, the sync restarts.

Just to clarify, I downloaded the WD appropriate package from Syncovery and installed it as an app on the NAS, connected the NAS (root/all folders) to Dropbox (ext. specific folder). We have approx. 800GB to transfer to a 2TB account. We have plenty of room in the Dropbox account.

If there is no fix/workaround, do you have another cloud storage recommendation? My client has a BackBlaze account but would need to create an additional one for the NAS. She really wants to use Dropbox since she' already paying for that, so that's what I'm trying to accommodate, but I know from previous experience Dropbox can be weird.

This is the relevant portion of the log file:

Using libsmbclient.so.0
Installed Samba Version: 4.9.5-Debian

Connecting with DropBoxV2
Using OpenSSL, libssl.so.1.1 and libcrypt.so

Warning: Hostname Verification of TLS Certificate not supported by old OpenSSL version.
12:06:38.550 IP Exception (3): ETGFTPError Cloud authentication attempt expired - please try again. @ 000000000108B620, CP:CloudCheckAuthFINX

ERROR
ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup: Cannot access ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup
(Cloud authentication attempt expired - please try again. at 000000000108B620)

09/01/22 12:06:38 ERROR (EPrepException): Cannot access ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup
(Cloud authentication attempt expired - please try again. at 000000000108B620) @ 0000000000CF1705 Thread ID: 197158656

------------------------
Appreciate any advice!

tobias

Re: Dropbox timing out with WD NAS transfer

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I think I need to update the WD Syncovery app. Did you download it from syncovery.com and install it via the WD NAS administrative interface?

As an alternative, you could maybe run the job on a Windows machine.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

Thanks so much for your reply!
I did download the app from syncovery.com, following your link from the WD forums. I did install it via the WD NAS admin interface.

This is a 100% Mac environment so a Windows PC isn't available. I do have one of their old Macs running a desktop version of Syncovery backing up from the NAS to a locally connected external HD so that we at least have one backup running without interruption but that's a disaster recovery stop gap at the moment. They weren't aware they didn't have another backup of the NAS and so we're getting a backup by every means necessary as quickly as possible. Optimal and long-term desire is to have the Syncovery app on the WD and back up to the cloud daily, to Dropbox if possible, but if not possible, somewhere safe and reliable. Hope that helps!
Jewel

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes the latest Mac version can do it too.

I will try to update the WD app tonight.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Thank you!!!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I have now updated the WD downloads to version 9.48. This version should work fine with DropBox.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Thank you! Does that mean I need to download it again or is their an update feature in the app? Apologies, I'm not scheduled to go back to their office until at least tomorrow and I'd like to be prepared.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you need to download and install it again in the same way as first time.

There is no integrated update feature.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Thank you! Will do :-)

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

I installed the new version of the WD software today and we're unable to get Dropbox to connect. I have everything set up exactly like the old connection, which provided a link/message from Dropbox recognizing the initial connection and requesting owner authorization but we have received no such request at this point and it's been long enough something should have triggered Dropbox. The detailed sync status says, "waiting for authentication by other process." It doesn't appear that Syncovery is able to make the same connection that triggered Dropbox to ask for authentication last time and it seems like it's not getting through at all. I certainly could have something set up amiss but I've filled in every login option I can so I'm not sure what else to try. One thing I noticed is when editing the destination settings for "internet" (Dropbox) the account (optional) field under the Settings tab won't hold the account name. It's deleted if I return to edit the profile there each time. That is not the case for the previous profile that had been connecting but timing out. Any advice is most appreciated.

Under Last Result or Progress for the profile, the error reads: ERROR: Cannot access (file path to Dropbox) (Aborting (EnterAuthMutex) at 0000000001373C6D)

The log file once the profile times out is:
Syncovery v9.48k, build 415 (64-bit CL)

Limited Free Edition. Remaining Pro Evaluation Days: 26

Running on : 'BGServer'
Running as : root
System Info: Linux BGServer 4.14.22 #1 SMP Wed Apr 27 08:09:48 UTC 2022 Build-28 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Log for profile v9.48 BG Server Backup to Dropbox Folder BG_ServerBackup, started at 16:03:24 on 09/08/22

LEFT: smb://192.168.0.32
RIGHT: ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup

The profile has been started manually the background.

Previous run was at 09/08/22 15:29:21: ERROR: Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A)

Connecting with 192.168.0.32
Using libsmbclient.so.0
Installed Samba Version: 4.9.5-Debian

Connecting with DropBoxV2
Unix error code 9 (Invalid handle) creating /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.Syncovery/tmp/syncovery$sffs$cloudauthmutex$dropboxv2
Unix error code 9 (Invalid handle) creating /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.Syncovery/tmp/syncovery$sffs$cloudauthmutex$dropboxv2

(The above line runs for many, many rows before the following content)

16:13:25.393 IP Exception (3): ETGFTPErrorDoNotRetry Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A) @ 000000000136493B, CP:CloudCheckAuthFINX

ERROR
ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup: Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A)

09/08/22 16:13:25 ERROR (ETGFTPErrorDoNotRetry): Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A) @ 000000000136493B, Thread ID: 140573403383552, CP: CallbackSetOurJobData (CreateRightTrav)

FILE LIST After BuildFileList
---------
---------

Job preparation and/or building the filelist failed.
Still Working At 09/08/22 16:13:25
09/08/22 16:03:25 DropBoxV2: Refreshing Access Tokens
09/08/22 16:13:25 DropBoxV2: Exception Refreshing Access Tokens: Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A) (ETGFTPErrorDoNotRetry)

The synchronization was prepared but not carried out.
Building started: TRUE, preparation not OK.

SUMMARY
------------------------------------------------------------------
Short Results: ERROR: Internal Error: Timeout in EnterAuthMutex (A)
Operation completed at 16:13:25 on 09/08/22
Total duration: 00:10:01
Local time zone offset: -7.0 hours.
Internet protocol timeout: 60 seconds
Max. Internet protocol retries: 2
SQLite version: 3.27.2

Profile Settings From /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.Syncovery/Syncovery.cfg

[General]
Name=v9.48 BG Server Backup to Dropbox Folder BG_ServerBackup
LastModified=09/08/22 15:33:56
LeftPath=smb://192.168.0.32
RightPath=ext://DropBoxV2/BG_ServerBackup
Subfolders=Yes
LeftToRight=Yes
RightToLeft=No
CaseSensitive=Yes
UseSubfolderSelection=No

[Comparison]
AdjustFolderTimes=No
SizeConflictAction=scaCopy

[Internet]
LeftFTPSettings=YNNN/0/17/0/0/1025/445/0/21/0/0/,:/2/12/0/0/0/0/none:/N/0
RightFTPSettings=Ext:ExtProt=DropBoxV2,Flags=UTF8+DetectTimezone+AvoidIPV6+AvoidChangesAPIInitialListing,"Proxy=no",Lib=0
RightExtendedProtocolName=DropBoxV2

[Safety->Unattended]
UnattendedDeleteMaxPercent=20

Default System Codepage: 65001
ACL Library Available : Yes

Email Notification Settings:
Email Notification is OFF.