Error: Google Cloud Storage URL is incomplete

English Support for Cloud Storage
sanferno

Error: Google Cloud Storage URL is incomplete

Post by sanferno »

Hi Tobias,

When trying to create a new profile to backup files to GCP I'm getting the following error:

Error
URL is incomplete
EFinalCloudException at 00000000016EE906

The profile windows remain open when I accept the two popup windows though.

Kind regards,

tobias

Re: Error: Google Cloud Storage URL is incomplete

Post by tobias »

Hello,
to set up Google Cloud Storage, please go into the Internet dialog in the profile, and choose Google Cloud Storage as protocol.

Click the first Browse button to choose your Container. After authorizing Syncovery (named "Sync and Backup" during the OAuth process), a pop-up window should appear that asks you for the project ID. You must type the project ID.

You can find the project ID under console.cloud.google.com. If you have problems finding the project ID, I can send more details about this topic.

Next, you need to choose your container.

Then you can use the second browse button to choose the folder within that container.

When you click OK, the path is shown in Syncovery similar to this:

ext://test2017giesen/MyData

Please try it once more and let me know exactly at which step you get stuck, or see an error message.

sanferno

Re: Error: Google Cloud Storage URL is incomplete

Post by sanferno »

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that previously to v9.0c I needed to follow these steps for it to work:
1. Select GCP protocol.
2. Account name: email address.
3. Click folder to select container, choose before project name before bucket name.
4. Choose folder.

This time I needed to type manually the container manually after the email address instead. Then I was able to access the folder icon with out getting the "URL is incomplete message".

It worked, thanks!