Google Drive ERROR 403 - User rate limit exceeded

English Support for Cloud Storage
fenrirlobo

Google Drive ERROR 403 - User rate limit exceeded

Post by fenrirlobo »

Hello everyone,

I have a profile running for 2 weeks that daily uploads a single .bak file of almost 700GB to Google Drive (an Enterprise Shared Drive, with unlimited space).
The profile failed today (for the 2nd time), returning error 403 Forbidden:
"domain": "usageLimits",
"reason": "userRateLimitExceeded",
"message": "User rate limit exceeded."

Is there any specific configuration I need to do in Syncovery to prevent this from happening?

Attached I send the profile execution log (omitting only personal information).

The origin server, where the profile is running, is a VM hosted on Google Compute Engine, the average transfer speed during the execution of this profile is 36MB / s, and it usually takes about 5 to 6 hours to complete.

Doing some google searches I found in this link (https://developers.google.com/drive/api ... dle-errors) the information that suggests "request additional quota in developer console project", "exponential backoff", etc. But these are things that are beyond my comprehension.
Attachments
altered_log.zip
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

tobias

Re: Google Drive ERROR 403 - User rate limit exceeded

Post by tobias »

Hello,
this just means that you have reached your personal daily upload limit. You need to upload less. Contact Google to enquire more details.

fenrirlobo

Post by fenrirlobo »

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the answer.
I researched a little bit about "daily upload limit on google drive" and really, there is a limitation of 750GB per user. Sad. :cry:

Unfortunately uploading less will be a problem, as we have other profiles that copy other important files to google drive. The sum of these files exceeds 750GB.

This limitation is "per user", so a simple solution would be to use different users in different profiles.
I managed to configure each profile with a different google account (the "Account opt" field made this trick).
I will perform the tests and in the future I share here if it worked.

fenrirlobo

Post by fenrirlobo »

Hi Tobias,

Just sharing the result: The profiles ran this morning and it worked!

We were able to upload approximately 950GB to Google Drive, taking care to use different accounts in each profile.

So here's a tip for anyone facing a similar situation.

Cya