Error uploading to Google Cloud Storage - "SignatureDoesNotMatch"

English Support for Cloud Storage
Suporte WA

Error uploading to Google Cloud Storage - "SignatureDoesNotMatch"

Post by Suporte WA »

Hi,

I've been using syncovery for 8 months, and in it I have a task whose "right-hand side" is a Google Cloud Storage bucket, configured as the S3 protocol (informing ACCESS ID and SECRET KEY).
In today's early morning, for the first time, the task returned an error when trying to perform the upload.

Looking at the logs:
CODE: SignatureDoesNotMatch
MESSAGE: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your Google secret key and signing method.

Until the occurrence of this error, absolutely no changes were made on my part, not even the update of the version of Syncovery, it was 8 months running without any intervention.

After the error I did the following actions:
I confirmed the access id and secret key in google cloud (cloud storage> configuration> interoperability), they are correct.
I also created a new combination of access id / secret key and inserted it in the task... same error.
I updated Syncovery to version 9.35b (64bits)... same error.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

NOTE: During the process of configuring the "right-hand side", I can list the bucket folders ... the error only occurs during the upload phase, when running the task.

Thanks in advance,
William Gomes

tobias

Re: Error uploading to Google Cloud Storage - "SignatureDoesNotMatch"

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks for the report! It seems there is a problem uploading larger files. Syncovery tries the multi-part upload method, which might not be supported by GCS. Can you confirm that these are larger files than you have been uploading previously?

You can increase the maximum part size on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Cloud, to avoid the problem. I will also look into the issue in more detail and release an update that probably avoids the chunked upload for GCS.

If this does not help, we have two options:
a) you could turn on Internet Protocol Logging on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Logs. That will generate additional log files with potentially more information. You would need to send the normal log file and the additional "FTPLOG" files to support@syncovery.com

b) You could switch over to the native GCS protocol, which you can choose on the Internet dialog in Syncovery. This protocol will be authorized via OAuth in your web browser, rather than giving Syncovery a secret access key. Google will warn you that the application is not verified; that's because they generally won't approve applications that request complete access to GCS. Instead they recommend a different, more granular authorization method via service accounts, which we unfortunately haven't been able to implement yet. In any case, most customers just confirm the warning and then it will work fine.

Suporte WA

Re: Error uploading to Google Cloud Storage - "SignatureDoesNotMatch"

Post by Suporte WA »

Hello again,

Thanks for the quick response.

Increasing the maximum part size in the dialog box (Program Settings> Cloud) solved the problem !!!

The original configuration was 512MB, I changed it to 5120MB (equivalent to 5GB).

This task uploads a single postgres database backup file (.gz) daily, which increases from 5 to 6MB per day.
The last time the task was successful, the file was 5089MB, today it is 5094MB.
I will probably have to increase the value soon, to suit the size of the file, until you release the update you commented on.

Looking at the numbers, it seems that it was supposed to be returning error for a long time, considering that the size of the part before was 512MB ... but the upload was always successful until yesterday, lol.

Taking advantage, I would like to congratulate you for the great application that you make available to us!
Stay in peace!