Recovery from S3

English Support for Cloud Storage
steinitz

Re: Recovery from S3

Post by steinitz »

Congratulations on releasing 9.23, Tobias.

Thanks for your detailed instructions and suggestions for the recovery profile -- very helpful and a great reference. Such a reference could be essential in the heat of an actual disaster-recovery scenario. In fact, I just had an idea...

What if the backup could store a recovery profile which you could use, somehow, as the default recovery profile? Sounds like hard work for the developer :D

I'll try a server recovery later today...

steinitz

Post by steinitz »

Hi,

The restore gets the error "Cannot access S3 - cannot load samba library". I can find instructions for installing the samba library but they seem complicated.

Would anyone know the simplest way to allow restore from S3 on a fresh ubuntu image?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
S3 does not use Samba. I think the profile isn't set up correctly. Can you click the Internet button and make sure that the S3 protocol is chosen?

If problems remain, please post a log file or send to support@syncovery.com.

steinitz

Post by steinitz »

Hello

The full restore to a freshly-imaged server completed successfully. A useful and unique capability among backup systems. Bravo Tobias.

Note that the issue I had with the S3 protocol requiring Samba appeared to be a minor problem with the web UI. To solve it, a little clicking around in the S3 options "reminded" the interface that it wasn't a Samba source.

An excellent result - thanks for your help.