Dropbox timing out with WD NAS transfer

English Support for Cloud Storage
jewelclark

Re: Dropbox timing out with WD NAS transfer

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

I thought of some other aspects to the situation that might help. I uninstalled the previous version of Syncovery on the WD NAS before installing the new version, which I downloaded from syncovery.com. The system warned that uninstalling the old version would delete my profiles, which was fine, but when I installed the new version I was surprised to see my old profile still there. I know I am running the new version. Also, the old profile is still able to connect without issue to Dropbox once I click the authorization link provided in the Last Result or Progress of the Profile section even though the new profile can't with all the same parameters. Again, I don't know if any of this information is helpful but thought I would let you know. Thanks!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
could you try rebooting the NAS?

Can you check if the temp folder is a valid folder?

/mnt/HD/HD_a2/.Syncovery/tmp

Also, the job will run more efficiently if you install Syncovery on 192.168.0.32.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

When I am back at the office next week I will try rebooting and I'll check the file path for the temp folder. When you say valid, do you just mean it's there? Would I just look for it via the file path in the browser or should I be able to verify it in the program settings?

The software is installed on the NAS itself. It's installed through the WD admin interface as an app but that's the correct IP for the NAS and the IP I use to access the Syncovery dashboard.

Thanks for you help!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
first, please make sure all profiles are stopped and won't be started very soon. Cancel them or reboot if they can't be canceled.

Then click "Forget Cloud Access Tokens" on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Cloud.

Then run only one job with a manual start. It should show a link to authorize DropBox.

Maybe you won't have to reboot if you do it like this.

To make the transfers more efficient, please use local paths on the left side. Instead of SMB, please make the left path field completely empty and click the Browse button and find your way thru the local Unix representation of the folder tree. I think you will be able to find the folder you need.

You could also check the existence of /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.Syncovery/tmp that way, but I think the path is fine.

Just try a few things, I am sure it can be made to work.

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

Thank you so much for this list to try! I used SMB b/c I couldn't find the content folders in the local paths but I'll try again. I didn't look through every folder.

I will keep you posted!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
yes the Unix paths can be confusing, I think the path might start with

/mnt/HD/HD_a2

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Thank you!

jewelclark

Post by jewelclark »

Hi Tobias,

I haven't heard from my client yet but if something wasn't working I think I would have. It looks like rebooting the NAS was necessary to get the reauthorization link from Dropbox but your update seems to have done the trick. If anything goes awry I'll let you know but no news at this point is good news. Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Jewel