Moving Syncovery to a new mac

English Support for Syncovery on Apple Computers.
ForestCat

Moving Syncovery to a new mac

Post by ForestCat »

Hi,
I need to move an existing syncovery installation, including license & profiles, etc., to a new mac. I have not been able to find any documentation/ web info on this. Thanks!

tobias

Re: Moving Syncovery to a new mac

Post by tobias »

Hello,
please install the latest Syncovery version on the new Mac (or the last one that your license works with).

From the old Mac, you only need the file Syncovery.cfg from your Preferences folder.

The Preferences folder is in the hidden Library folder in your home folder.

To get there, you can go to your home folder in Finder, then hit Cmd-Shift-G and enter Library in the Go to Folder dialog box. Then double-click the Preferences folder.

ForestCat

Post by ForestCat »

Thanks,

I just had a chance to try it. I followed your instructions, installed the most recent version, copied syncovery.cfg to the Preferences folder on the new mac, ran the program. No saved profiles. I checked the registration status,it was unregistered, so I put in my name/code, it accepted it, still no saved profiles. What else can I try?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Apparently you did not copy the file into the correct folder on the new Mac.

Please go to the Program Settings in Syncovery, and on the first tab sheet, you will see the complete path where Syncovery.cfg is.

ForestCat

Post by ForestCat »

You were correct. I'm 100% sure I had the admin(home folder selected in finder when I hit Cmd-Shift-G and entered Library in the Go to Folder dialog box. But somehow it wound up in the main library/preference folder. Being a windows guy, I just now went looking for a way to "show full path in finder". Wish I'd done that years ago, lol. All good now.
Thanks for your help.