Copying to S3

English Support for Syncovery on Apple Computers.
chsinclair

Copying to S3

Post by chsinclair »

I've used Syncovery for about 10 years and never had an issue. Yesterday morning I was copying files to S3 normally without issue. Later in the day I had to copy some more files out to S3 and the profile gets hung up on building the file list and eventually times out. The authentication works, and I didn't change anything on my computer or in Syncovery, so I'm not sure why I'm having problems with any profile that contains an S3 directory.

Other profiles that don't contain an S3 directory still work fine. (company servers, etc.)

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Syncovery, restarted my computer several times, and nothing has fixed the problem.

This is the error message I eventually get:

Synapse TCP/IP Socket error 1: Host not found
s3.amazonaws.com at 00000001005B65BE

EPrepException at 000000010025DE45

Any ideas on what can be done to fix the issue?

tobias

Re: Copying to S3

Post by tobias »

Hello,
this is an Internet connectivity or DNS / Firewall issue.

Maybe a reboot helps, or if there is actually a misconfiguration of DNS servers, you may have to check your Internet router or company network.

Maybe it will just magically work again tomorrow.

You can also test DNS resolving in Syncovery via the File menu -> Tools -> Resolve Hostname to IP.

chsinclair

Re: Copying to S3

Post by chsinclair »

I relayed your comments to our IT department. They said there was a change to MacOS enabling a firewall last week. They turned it off for my computer and now Syncovery works again with S3.

Thanks for your help with this.