Read Error from OneDrive on Synchronization when copying to right side.

English Support for Syncovery on Apple Computers.
amerj19

Read Error from OneDrive on Synchronization when copying to right side.

Post by amerj19 »

I have a profile that mirrors from OneDrive to another network drive. OneDrive has files available online only unless dowloaded. During synchronization Syncovery throws a Read Error from OneDrive if file is not already downloaded. Is it possible that syncovery automatically downloads the file from OneDrive locally when copying to right side?

NOTE: Read Error is only thrown when file is needed to copy from Left to Right. If files are same on left and right (TimeStamp matches) then Read Error is not thrown. It means, Syncovery is able to read timestamp so it knows file is there in OneDrive.

tobias

Re: Read Error from OneDrive on Synchronization when copying to right side.

Post by tobias »

Hello,
unfortunately I don't know how to trigger a download in your local OneDrive folder. Maybe be if you let Syncovery use the macOS API copyfile function, which you can choose on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Advanced, and also in each profile under "Files"->"More".

I think in this case it would be better to connect Syncovery directly to OneDrive online, rather than your local OneDrive folder. Click on the Internet button for the left side, and change the protocol from FTP to OneDrvNew and use the Browse button to authorize Syncovery and choose the folder.

amerj19

Post by amerj19 »

Hi

copyfile function did not work for me. However, I am able to connect OneDriveNew and Google Drive. I did not know about that. Thanks. The only issue is that, OneDrive does not show any folders in the Choose Folders dialog, therefore, I cannot synchronize. Any suggestions about that?

amerj19

Post by amerj19 »

Please ignore. I connected to "OneDrive for Business" and I can see folders now and can synchronize. Thank you very much for helping.