Excessive authentication?

English Support for Syncovery on Apple Computers.
sybig

Excessive authentication?

Post by sybig »

Every time I start Syncovery or the scheduler I am prompted for my system password at least once, often twice. I realize I'm requesting to run as root, but other apps simply request authentication to run as root once and remember this from then on. Aside from the annoyance, I can't even start Syncovery unattended (for example, at startup) since a password is required. Is there are way to "remember" I am running as root so I don't have to authenticate every time?

tobias

Re: Excessive authentication?

Post by tobias »

Hello,
to run scheduled jobs as root, you can install the scheduler as a service. To do that, please stop the Background Scheduler, then switch to

Use: Service Scheduler

And install it. You will be asked if it should run as root or not.

The service will be able to start up with your Mac without any additional prompts, and run as root.

Then you can change the GUI back to run as a normal user (not root), and it won't prompt.

Unfortunately if you do need to run jobs as root in attended mode, there is no way to avoid the prompt.

sybig

Re: Excessive authentication?

Post by sybig »

Thank you. I was running as a service but perhaps the key here is to change the GIU back to not-root after the services is running. Will give it a try.