How To Find Skipped Files in Large Log

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
SteveA

How To Find Skipped Files in Large Log

Post by SteveA »

Hello: I'm mirroring a large NTFS file server data set nightly to another disk including ACLs. The job runs twice a few hours apart. It's running fine except it finishes without copying 9 files each time. The first log file is large; 22,000 plus lines. These are typical log results:

First Run:
Short Results: INCOMPLETE: 676 copied (21.6GB) of 685, 9 renamed, 1 folders moved, 2 deleted (30.1kB), 28 security copied, Duration: 01:11:48

Second Run:
Short Results: INCOMPLETE: 3 copied (19.1GB) of 12, 15 security copied, Duration: 01:03:44

Could you please give me some tips of text I could search for in the log file to find the 9 skipped files? I've been unable to figure that out.
--
Thank you in advance,
Steve

tobias

Re: How To Find Skipped Files in Large Log

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the skipped files should be listed closer to the end of the log file, before the result summary and the settings.

There's a section entitled
Errors / Access problems with X Files:

Also I would expect that the log for the second run is pretty short.

In addition, you can do a text search for terms like "error" or "exception" or "cannot" or "unable" or "can't" or "denied" etc. in the log file.

Finally, you can run the job manually in Attended Mode and you will see any files that still need to be copied in the Sync Preview.