login to onedrive, help, not sure which account

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Contractor5Prepays9

login to onedrive, help, not sure which account

Post by Contractor5Prepays9 »

see attached. trying to run profile. asked me for microsoft credentials. i entered my main onedrive ones (logged int main machine with this), but can't access files.
so i looked, and the ACCOUNT is a different one than my main one (main one is onedrive_101, and this one is onedrive_103

how do i see WHICH email i used for the onedrive account, as i have several, and my mind is a blank,as to which one i used for this.
I HAVE all login credentials, etc, i just need to see in syncovery which one i used.

CLARIFICATION - I guess this is, HOW do I SEE the current internet protocol settings/login (at least the email) for a specific profile, so i can edit/change/and re-add the password?
thanks
nick
Attachments
297.jpg
297.jpg (25.91 KiB) Viewed 292 times

tobias

Re: login to onedrive, help, not sure which account

Post by tobias »

Hello,
unfortunately Syncovery gets and stores only an access token when you connect it to a Microsoft account.

It does not know the email address that you used to log in.

I will try to improve this in Syncovery 11 very soon, so you can see more details.

Right now what I'd recommend is logging into your OneDrive accounts in your web browser to see which one has the folder you want to synchronize.

Then change what you entered in the field "Account (opt.)" so that Syncovery asks for a new connection, and then try the next email. Surely you will soon find the correct Microsoft account.

The text you enter in the field "Account (opt.)" does not have any real meaning. In particular, there is no relation with the actual Microsoft account that is connected via this identifier. The optional Account ID is just a name for an internal connectivity slot.

So you can type a different connectivity slot name there, such as OneDrive_201 or anything you like, and then you will have the chance to try the next account.

Contractor5Prepays9

Re: login to onedrive, help, not sure which account

Post by Contractor5Prepays9 »

thanks for reply !
what i willdo is identify the pseudoname by the email iteself. Possibly, rather than uypdating the program to include this, have a POP-UP that indicates this, telling users to REMEMBER what they used or use the pseudoname as a rememberable name :-)

NOTE -
i hvae three profiles that use the same connection.
On the first one, i changed the shortcut name FROM OneDrive_103 to OneDrive_VOFM-Main
Once i did this for the FIRST profile, (and did login to microsoft, etc)
and CHANGED the shortcut name in the SECOND and THHIRD profile, THYEY logged in correctly without re-authentication, so it does look like Syncovery uses that shortcut name to select a login destination and its credentials.

can you confirm that this was not just a fluke, but that it is operating as it is supposed to?
thansk
nick