Issue with profile deleting files in attended mode

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
azio

Issue with profile deleting files in attended mode

Post by azio »

Syncovery v10.9.7. When I run a profile (Smart Tracking) in Attended Mode and have deleted a file or files, I get the pop-up - “Safety Confirmations Required" (see attached). I have "Warn Before Deleting Files" unchecked on the Attended Mode tab. "Warn if Moving Files (Deleting From Source) *is* checked, but I am not moving files, only deleting. I am not concerned about deleted files, because I have the "Move Deleted Files to a Folder" set on both the Smart Tracking and Files tabs.

Unattended mode works as expected. I also have Enable Special Safety Checks" Unchecked on the Unattended Mode tab.

The only way I can get the attended to run without the message is to uncheck all of the check boxes on the Special Safety tab. I've tried using different percentages in the "Warn if Deleting More Files Than box, 100%, 0% or different percentages, but it doesn't affect the warning "Folders with a large percentage of deletions".

Why does the message occur, even though I'm not using the Special Safety Checks?
Attachments
syncovery safety confirm.png
syncovery safety confirm.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Syncovery Special Safety.png
Syncovery Special Safety.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Syncovery Unattended mode.png
Syncovery Unattended mode.png (10.65 KiB) Viewed 738 times

azio

Re: Issue with profile deleting files in attended mode

Post by azio »

This is my attended tab
Attachments
syncovery safety attended mode.png
syncovery safety attended mode.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 737 times

tobias

Re: Issue with profile deleting files in attended mode

Post by tobias »

Hello,
in Attended Mode, it does not matter if you uncheck the special safety checkmark at the bottom of the Unattended tab sheet.

I agree that these checks are slightly over the top and should be re-considered from the Syncovery side.

I recommend just removing all checkmarks from the Special Safety tab sheet, like you said.