Google Drive Incomplete - File or drive/device/network no longer exists

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
azio

Google Drive Incomplete - File or drive/device/network no longer exists

Post by azio »

Hi,
This issue occurs when I create a new directory on the source and then save a file right after that.

I'm running v10.9.7. I only have the problem with Google Drive. It doesn't happen with OneDrive or m NAS.

I thought upgrading from v9 to v10 might fix it, but no such luck.

TIA
Attachments
Google Drive Documents Sync_ INCOMPLETE_ 0 copied of 1, Errors with 1 File(s), Duration_ 00_00_02.pdf_page_1.jpg
Google Drive Documents Sync_ INCOMPLETE_ 0 copied of 1, Errors with 1 File(s), Duration_ 00_00_02.pdf_page_1.jpg (146.63 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

tobias

Re: Google Drive Incomplete - File or drive/device/network no longer exists

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the error is probably legitimate, apparently Syncovery tried to upload the file before it has gotten its final filename. I think the real-time sync is simply too quick. You can increase the real-time delay on the Real-Time Settings dialog box.

Also make sure you use the real-time mode "Process Complete Folders".

In addition, you can ignore bogus errors like this one, and avoid reports. In the profile under "Access & Retries", you can choose to ignore files that no longer exist.

azio

Post by azio »

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The profile is not running real-time, it's set to repeat every 3 minutes. Thanks for the tip! I found the "ignore files that no longer exist" after my post. But, OneDrive (repeats every 1.5 min.) and doesn't throw the error.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
OK, that's interesting. But is the error valid or not? Does the file exist or not?

Maybe it's just a coincidence that the Google Drive job was running in the exact moment where you saved the file.

During saving, a file can disappear for a fraction of a second and then later reappear in the file system.

azio

Post by azio »

tobias wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:48 am
Hello,
OK, that's interesting. But is the error valid or not? Does the file exist or not?

Maybe it's just a coincidence that the Google Drive job was running in the exact moment where you saved the file.

During saving, a file can disappear for a fraction of a second and then later reappear in the file system.
-The file exists - When I check the path from the email, the file is present.
-It's possible, but the error happens ever time on the Google Drive job. I've tries waiting some time before saving the file in newly created folder and no error.

tobias

Post by tobias »

In such cases if the job runs regularly, it will pick up the file the next time. So the error can be safely ignored.