"Waiting for availability" on left network path

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Ingo

"Waiting for availability" on left network path

Post by Ingo »

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem that has been discussed in this forum several times and for which there is also a FAQ page (https://www.syncovery.com/documentation/faq/noaccess/). But I think I have hit the next level with this...so any help would be very much appreciated.

I am running a profile with a network left path (UNC) to a local right, syncing real time both ways using SmartTracking. The profile runs successfully in attended and background mode, but is stuck on "Waiting for Availability" otherwise. I use Jobs > Network connections to pass on the path and credentials (domain\user, password) needed to access the network path. I tested these credentials and they are working both when I use NET USE to connect and when I establish a connection via the Windows Explorer and the user credential dialogue.

Syncovery runs as a service under a local user name with admin rights. This user is not identical to the user for the network path.

I have several other profiles with the same basic configuration but with different network left paths (taht also use different user credentials). These are running fine. The only difference I noted in the logfiles is that for the working profiles just mentioned it says "Running as : WORKSTATION\User (Admin)". Whereas for the not working profile described above it says "Running as : WORKSTATION\User (not Admin)". I am not sure why that is, as I also do not know where that "running as" parameter comes from (except from potentially the service scheduler. But from what I understood from other discussions, this "running as" should not even be affecting netowrk connections.

As I said, any ideas on this are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ingo

tobias

Re: "Waiting for availability" on left network path

Post by tobias »

Hi,
it's good that you already looked in log files. There are two ways to analyse this:

a) make sure that the job has a regular schedule in addition to real time. These regular scheduled runs will create a log file.

and/or

b) enable detailed logging for the real-time monitoring module. On the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet "Logs", please choose this at the bottom:
X Log Real-Time Monitoring Status Every 10 Minutes - DETAILED

This will create the file Syncovery_realtime_status_log.txt in the Logs folder.

Once you have log files, please send them to support@syncovery.com.

For the standard profile logs, I would need one working and one not working log file so I can compare them.

Thanks!

Ingo

Re: "Waiting for availability" on left network path

Post by Ingo »

Thanks for the advice! I will do that and send those log files to the e-maila ddress you provided.