Logs availability per profile

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
arif1490

Logs availability per profile

Post by arif1490 »

Hello Tobias,

Hope you are doing well.

I am using version 8.69f

I have multiple profiles and I just noticed something wherein for some profiles, logs are available from the last two years and for some only 35 days, some just 25 days. It varies from profile to profile.

Lets just say if I need to have logs for only a year for a specific profile, how can I do that? I am sorry but I cannot find the option/setting anywhere.

Your response/help would be highly appreciated.

tobias

Re: Logs availability per profile

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the option is on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Logs. Normally, you specify the number of log files to keep. You can set the number very high or remove the checkmark to keep all logs. There is no option to keep log files by date.

I also highly recommend updating Syncovery.

arif1490

Post by arif1490 »

the box is already unchecked. What could be the reason for different number of log files for different profiles?
logs tab - syncovery
logs tab - syncovery
logs tab - syncovery.PNG (41.75 KiB) Viewed 5203 times

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
maybe a profile was renamed, or the logging checkmark was changed some time back.

You can look at the logs folder directly by going to the File menu in Syncovery and choosing "Show Log Folder". This will open the folder in Windows File Explorer, where you can see all logs regardless of the profile name, and you can sort them by name or date etc. and find out more.