s3 upload from different computer

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
champ2152

s3 upload from different computer

Post by champ2152 »

I am currently running syncovery on a server A. What I have been doing is uploading a big file to s3 every night.
This file is located on another server B in the same local network.

I am currently using a unc path of server B on the left side and an s3 URL on the right side. For security purpose we do not want to put syncovery on the server that has this file.

When running this job It seems to use up all of the CPU and Memory on server B. When running for over an hour seems to almost crash the server.

Any idea why this is happening? Or is this not how it suppose to be done?

Any help would be great.

tobias

Re: s3 upload from different computer

Post by tobias »

Hello,
that is very unusual. Maybe the server has a problem with file caching for large files. I heard about such problems with some (probably older) Windows versions.

The first thing you could try is reducing the number of threads per file to 1 on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Cloud.

champ2152

Post by champ2152 »

Yea we are using server 2019 so it is weird. The file is 400GB if that makes a difference. It pretty much 1 big file.

program Settings dialog, tab sheet Cloud. So change the Upload thread to 1?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, you can try changing it to 1. It will probably slow the transfer down though.

Maybe you can check which process uses the CPU? Maybe some anti-virus engine?

champ2152

Post by champ2152 »

This runs during the middle of the night. But from what I remember it seems like its just uses "system" in the task manager. Could it have anything to do with smart tracking?
If I create a separate profile and upload the same file to s3 using the same 2 servers I do not see the issue.

I know its something with syncovery cause the logs match up exactly to when the cpu increase and when the cpu decreases based on the job that is run. Just trying to figure out where the issue might be.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Are you saying you have two log files, one with and without the issue? Please send them to me (support@syncovery.com).

BUT you should be using a separate job for this file anyway! Don't mix it with other tasks. This is so special due to the size.

You can put the filename in Inclusion Masks in one job, and Exclusion in the other. Or just choose the folders in such a way that the jobs are mutually exclusive.

You should NOT be using SmartTracking for one-way syncs. On the other hand, SmartTracking cannot cause this type of phenomenon.

champ2152

Post by champ2152 »

I sent over the logs to you and answer your questions in the email.

Thank you.