MD5 problem with version 10.7.2

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Tinchote

MD5 problem with version 10.7.2

Post by Tinchote »

Until today I was running version 7.99 with real time synchronization. No issues whatsoever. Today I upgraded to version 10.7.2 on both machines, and now my synchronization is not working properly.

Concretely, there is this pdf file that does not copy. If I run the copy process manually, it gets stuck on "WaitingForMD5":

Meanwhile, the remote machine reports the MD5 as already calculated:

Looking at what happens on the remote machine, the file Funcional_Editando.pdf.SyncoveryMD5 seems to be re-created every few seconds, which to me says that the MD5 is being requested repeatedly. The log file shows as last entry

Code: Select all

Copy L<-R \\ev03023\C\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\academ\LABURO\Desarrollo\Funcional\Funcional_Editando
Other files seem to copy fine. I have recreated this pdf (it comes from a TeX file, so I recreate it often) and the problem persists. The problem disappears if I deselect "Right side uses Remote Service" under Block Level Copying; but I assume this will cause issues when needing to copy large files.

tobias

Re: MD5 problem with version 10.7.2

Post by tobias »

Hello,
can you update the Remote Service to version 10 too? It's highly likely that the old remote service is not compatible.

The new version expects MD5 files with the filename extension SyncoveryMD5w rather than SyncoveryMD5.

Tinchote

Post by Tinchote »

tobias wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:35 am
Hello,
can you update the Remote Service to version 10 too? It's highly likely that the old remote service is not compatible.

The new version expects MD5 files with the filename extension SyncoveryMD5w rather than SyncoveryMD5.
That explains it. Is this a separate download? I downloaded version 10 and installed it with all checkboxes selected, assuming that the remote service would also update.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
the Remote Service is contained in the same Setup EXE. But you need to install it on the remote machine. Did you run the setup there too?

If yes, maybe the old service was 32-bit and the new one is 64-bit, which could cause them to run both. Please check it.

I think that the 64-bit edition doesn't automatically adopt the configuration of a previous 32-bit install, so you may have to manually copy the path list over.

Tinchote

Post by Tinchote »

tobias wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 pm
Hi,
the Remote Service is contained in the same Setup EXE. But you need to install it on the remote machine. Did you run the setup there too?

If yes, maybe the old service was 32-bit and the new one is 64-bit, which could cause them to run both. Please check it.

I think that the 64-bit edition doesn't automatically adopt the configuration of a previous 32-bit install, so you may have to manually copy the path list over.
I've been using 64 bit for many years now.

But now I'm confused. I did run the installer again (in the remote machine) just in case. But if you look at my original picture, it already says that it is running v10.06 of the remote service.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes I see that now, but the Control Panel is still version 8, can you look at things in the new Syncovery Auxiliary Services Control panel?

Tinchote

Post by Tinchote »

tobias wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:11 pm
Hello,
yes I see that now, but the Control Panel is still version 8, can you look at things in the new Syncovery Auxiliary Services Control panel?
Yes, that was my fault because the filename of the exe changed since earlier versions. I'm now running the new version (SyncoveryAuxServicesCPL.exe instead of SyncoveryRemoteServiceCPL) but this has no effect on the problem. I have also checked by opening the Task Manager and going to SyncoveryFileSystemMonitor.exe to look at the path for the executable, and it is pointing to the new version 10 exe.

The remote service is still creating .SyncoveryMD5 files, without the w.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks for the info, I will look into it. It worked in my latest tests.

Could you maybe send a log file from one of your recent runs, even if you had to cancel it? The log contains all the settings at the end as well as details about Remote Service communication.

You could send it to support@syncovery.com.

Tinchote

Post by Tinchote »

tobias wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:31 pm
Hello,
thanks for the info, I will look into it. It worked in my latest tests.

Could you maybe send a log file from one of your recent runs, even if you had to cancel it? The log contains all the settings at the end as well as details about Remote Service communication.

You could send it to support@syncovery.com.
Just did, thanks a lot for looking into this.