Logging / Real-Time + Scheduled Profiles

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
TBacker

Logging / Real-Time + Scheduled Profiles

Post by TBacker »

I use a lot of profiles that use real-time + scheduled sync.

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue and I'm not sure what profile runs are scheduled vs real-time in the log. I want to make sure the scheduled syncs are running in addition to real-time.

Is there any way to tell this on the log entries?

Also, I am assuming that the scheduled sync intervals are independent of triggered real-time syncs? I want the scheduled full syncs to run regardless of how recently a real-time trigger occurred.

tobias

Re: Logging / Real-Time + Scheduled Profiles

Post by tobias »

Hello,
well, you do need to look inside the log file. Do a text search for real-time and you will see if the job ran as a real-time job or not.

Yes, the full sync intervals are independent from any real-time runs. It is recommended to schedule full syncs in the same profile as the real-time sync, rather than creating separate jobs.

TBacker

Re: Logging / Real-Time + Scheduled Profiles

Post by TBacker »

Thanks, Tobias.

Sorry, I had done a search for scheduled in the log file and it only seemed to highlight the profile setting, not the run instance trigger. I should have done a search for scheduler.

The profile I am looking at is a busy one with frequent real-time and only occasional scheduled syncs, so the log is crowded and I missed this. Newb-like mistake from being overloaded with work right now.

If I may make a suggestion - it may be helpful to have a full width divider line in the log at the start of each profile run? When logs are set to be one-per-day per-profile, it would make skimming for issues easier. Perhaps with a timestamp:

= 7/7/2023 10:40:06 AM ===================================================================================================
Syncovery v10.3.14, build 74 (64-bit)