Copying empty folders not working

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Sean_holmes_TER

Copying empty folders not working

Post by Sean_holmes_TER »

Hi. I'm running a bi-directional sync and having some issues getting 'empty' folders to show up on both sides. My "right-side" is the 'master', and I've set the box to make adjustments on the 'left'. I also have the 'create empty folders' box checked, but still don't see my empty folders being copied from R -> L...

for ref: left side is windows, right side is S3 bucket. empty folders (template of folder structure) were copied/created in S3 via linux pc, sync runs and the empty folders do not show up. Ended up having to copy/create them manually on the Windows side.

is there some other setting I'm missing?

tobias

Re: Copying empty folders not working

Post by tobias »

Hello,
empty folders are suported only by Syncovery 10, and you need to choose "Support Empty Folders" on the second tab sheet of the Internet dialog in the profile.

The reason is that empty folders need to be uploaded as special dummy placeholder items. S3 natively does not have folders, only objects with very long names that can contain slashes.

Sean_holmes_TER

thanks. I'll check out Version 10. I'm still using 9.47o

Sean_holmes_TER

I've noticed in the previous version 9.47 and now in 10.4.3 the setting "Detect moved files and renamed folders - Adjust on: left/right" Never seems to keep my "left" setting. I choose left, and save the profile, but when I close the app and reopen its back to 'right'. Does it not support the "master" being on the right side?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
it should remember the setting if the profile is really a two-way job, i.e. the copying directions "Left to Right" and "Right to Left" are both chosen.

If you ever remove the checkmark "Right to Left", then it will change it back to adjust on: right.

richardlevene

Post by richardlevene »

Hi Tobias,

When syncing empty folders to a backblaze B2 storage system, the syncing the empty folders with Syncovery (with the "Support Empty Folders" option checked on) does not work.

I am able to get empty folders on backblaze with a robocopy. Wondering if i am missing something in the syncovery settings or Syncovery does not support this option to a backblaze storage?

Thanks,

Richard

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes that's correct, it's not implemented for B2 yet.

richardlevene

Post by richardlevene »

Ok thanks for confirming Tobias. Is it planned to implement at some point soon?

Best,

Richard
Last edited by richardlevene on Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, I will add it soon!

richardlevene

Post by richardlevene »

Great thanks