2 Syncovery apps in parallel

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Bob C.

2 Syncovery apps in parallel

Post by Bob C. »

I thought I saw something somewhere that said you could have an installation on 2 (or more) different hosts and they could act as a redundant systems. In other words if one host was down then the other host could run the profiles the first one would have run. If this is possible could you point me to where I saw that and instructions for how to set up this redundant operation. I looked in the help documents but maybe I wasn't searching on the correct key words.

tobias

Re: 2 Syncovery apps in parallel

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, you can set up Syncovery on two machines with identical jobs, and then they can communicate with each other, making sure that one of them always runs. As soon as one of them becomes inactive, the other one will take over.

The option is on the Advanced tab sheet of the Program Settings dialog, at the bottom. You need to specify a UNC path for status files that signal each side's activity. For example,
\\Mainserver\Mainshare\SyncoveryStatus

It would be a good idea to put this status folder on one of the UNC paths that are used in the profiles. Using a third location would make it less reliable, because that third location might be done while everything else is actually running, and then it could happen that both instances start running the jobs.

Bob C.

Re: 2 Syncovery apps in parallel

Post by Bob C. »

Thanks for pointing me to the right spot. This is a very useful feature for me since I need as much confidence as possible that the profiles will always run.