FTP transfer speed grinds to a halt at 97%

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
linguy11

FTP transfer speed grinds to a halt at 97%

Post by linguy11 »

I've noticed a bug in the last several versions of the app - probably since version 10 actually.

I have a job that automatically connects to and FTP account once a week to download backups from my server while deleting older downloaded backups from several weeks prior. There are usually about 32 files and a total size of about 32.7gigs.

When the job starts it runs fine and downloads at max speed. Once it gets to about 97% complete though and begins the last file the speed grinds to a halt dropping to about 40kb/s and getting progressively slower the longer it's left running. 5MB/s is the speed it normally downloads at.

Pausing the job doesn't stop it from continuing to download - the app says it's paused by my firewall says otherwise as it's still using bandwidth. Even if I stop the job it doesn't actually stop because if I try to run it manually it says the job is already running. So I actually have to terminate background process via windows task manager then relaunch it and manually execute the job in order to have it download the final file at full speed.

The log doesn't seem to show anything of use - there are no errors, everything just looks like it was running normally. The last entry in the log just says "Copy " without the rest of the line that would be expected such as "L->R ftp://**.**.***.***/backup_2211270202.tar8"

I'm using windows 10 and the latest version of the software. I've just been using this workaround for now but hoping that there might be a better solution.

Thanks

tobias

Re: FTP transfer speed grinds to a halt at 97%

Post by tobias »

Hi,
I don't really believe this is a bug, just a problem. In terms of FTP, nothing has changed since version 9. You could install version 9 to check. You can always go back and forth between the two.

You could try the four different FTP libraries which you can choose on the Internet Protocol settings dialog.

Yes, pausing will try not to interrupt running downloads. It will pause before the next file.

When a job is slow, please right-click and choose "Diagnose Activity" for background jobs, or hit Ctrl-F2 for foreground jobs and send the Activity report to support@syncovery.com.

linguy11

Re: FTP transfer speed grinds to a halt at 97%

Post by linguy11 »

Thanks I'll check that out and let you know!