automatically including new sub folders but not root level and generating a text list/report of what will be done

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
IMTheNachoMan

Re: automatically including new sub folders but not root level and generating a text list/report of what will be done

Post by IMTheNachoMan »

tobias wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 am
yes I am the main developer of Syncovery. I think that some browsers might be able to handle "All 162697".
That is awesome! Great job with the program. I compared and checked out almost all of them and yours is the only one that has almost everything I want. The only feature I am missing is from SyncBackPro and that is the ransomware protection where it hashes a specific file and compares before every run.
tobias wrote:
If you don't need to see the proposed actions and just want a complete file list, then you can also use another HTML export feature, which is on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Logs:

X Output Left/Right File Listings

This will save the listings as HTML files in the Logs folder.

You should turn it off when you no longer need it, because these files will never be deleted by Syncovery and will use a lot of disk space if you keep it on.
Got it. I will try that. The log feature of the pascal script worked for me. I only needed it one time to skim the list of the initial 1.5 TB upload -- so I could prune things I don't need.

IMTheNachoMan

Re: automatically including new sub folders but not root level and generating a text list/report of what will be done

Post by IMTheNachoMan »

Is there somewhere I can read details about what these logs include? Or maybe a sample?
  • Internet Protocol Logging
  • SmartTracking Details
  • File List Building Details
  • File Security Details
  • Time Stamp Setting Details
  • With Extremely Detailed Timing Info Only For Debugging
  • Transfer Details
  • Keep Checkpoint History
  • Speed Limit Details
  • File Share Details
  • Synthetic Details
  • Even More Detailed
  • Create Profile Change Logs

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
normally, users only choose any of these logging settings if our support asks them to do so. These options are only for debugging and problem diagnosis.

You can try them but I do not have any further information on them.

Keep Checkpoint History is needed to get detailed "Activity Reports" if a profile is slow or hangs. You can hit Ctrl-F2 for jobs running in the foreground, or right-click background jobs and choose "Diagnose Activity". Again this is only for customer support, you can't do much yourself with the activity report.

IMTheNachoMan

Post by IMTheNachoMan »

tobias wrote:
X Output Left/Right File Listings
I checked this out. It is cool, but difficult to use for my puproses. I wanted a flat list of files, with their full path, so I can automate comparing against my list to see if anything is missing.

The scirpt I wrote seems to work well enough.

Thank you!