Copy data without folder

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
champ2152

Copy data without folder

Post by champ2152 »

I hope someone can help me out here.

I am trying to copy data from one location to the other. FTP to S3 not sure if that matters.
On the left side I have the Main folder. Let’s call it Main. I also have a sub folder called Old.

Currently I have a job that will copy only the files in the Main to the Main folder on the right hand side S3.
Also with that job no files from the Old folder get copied to the right hand side S3.

I create another job to copy files from the Old folder on the left hand side to the MAIN folder on the right hand side.
I do not want to create the folder OLD on the right hand side. I want the files from the Main and OLD on the left side to go into the
Main on the right. I do not want an Old folder on the right.

Is this possible to do. I have tried multiple combination but can not seem to figure it out. It always create the Old folder on the right hand side.

Any help would be great.

tobias

Re: Copy data without folder

Post by tobias »

Hello,
if you create a second job, make sure that the left-hand side base path ends with /Old but the right-hand side does not.

However, you can also do it in a single job. Just let it process the Old subfolder again, and go to the Folders tab sheet in the profile and choose:

X Flat Right Side (no folders)

champ2152

Post by champ2152 »

This is what I currently have. Please see attached picture. When I run this it still creates a Old folder in s3 and puts the files there
I am creating a second job.

Am i still doing something wrong?
Attachments
sync.PNG
sync.PNG (9.77 KiB) Viewed 4430 times

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, this is wrong. Do not use the subfolder selection dialog box at all.

Instead, type /Old at the end of the left-hand side base folder path. In the main profile editor dialog box.

Since you don't want subfolders, set the subfolder choice to: None.

champ2152

Post by champ2152 »

Great. Thank you. That worked. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.