Syncovery 10 for Windows has been released

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
tobias

Syncovery 10 for Windows has been released

Post by tobias »

This weekend, Syncovery 10 for Windows has been fully released. It adds some freqeuently requested features, while keeping the same GUI (with a new design theme). The new features have been added with extreme care and few changes to the core synchronization algorithms, so that the stability and reliability from the current Syncovery 9 versions can be expected from Syncovery 10 also.

Read the announcement here:
https://www.syncovery.com/documentation ... r-windows/

» by

Re: Syncovery 10 for Windows has been released

Post by » by »

I bought the upgrade because I appreciate the idea of allowing multiple destinations. Thank you for adding this. I do have some feedback:

1. The main window gives no indication that additional destinations are configured. It would be a better UX if the application showed all the destinations somehow.

2. If "Verify right-hand side volume name" is enabled and refers to the main destination, the additional destinations will not be used. I found this out after troubleshooting to find out why only the main destinations were synchronizing, and not the additional destinations. This happened because I had used old profiles from version 9, where "Verify right-hand side volume name" had the expected effect. I hope that in a future version, you can add a "Verify right-hand side volume name" setting to each destination (i.e. the main and also additional destinations as well).

Thanks.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks, these are good points!

I will make it ignore the volume label verification for the additional destinations.

But to be honest, this feature is somewhat legacy/obsolete. So I won't provide a way to specify separate labels for additional destinations.

The recommended way to handle volume labels and changing drive letters is to type the path using the volume label instead of the drive letter, such as:
USBDrive:\Backup

See also
https://www.syncovery.com/documentation ... rs-easily/

lucw

Post by lucw »

Great release, the UI is refreshed, and i've noticed it's very fast at scanning. I have an rsync.net account, and I noticed it wanted to change the modified time on all directories on the first run. It seemed strange at first, but it's the right thing to do (those directories modified time were set to when I uploaded on rsync.net instead of their original creation time on my HDD).

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks! Yes the default for new jobs is to adjust folder times too. Previous Syncovery versions had the checkmark off by default.

The only question is whether rsync.net supports setting the folder timestamps. I think over the SFTP protocol, it should work. But not using WebDAV or traditional FTP.

Contractor5Prepays9

Post by Contractor5Prepays9 »

QUESTION, version 10, premium vs professional
Tobias,
looking to upgrade to version 10.
currently installed on one machine (and i have created portable version, but am using the full installed version)

Questin #1
can portable version still be created as before?

Question #2
if i get the professional version, can i install that on more than one machine (my machines, i have laptop cloned as emergency mirror of desktop), but per my windows 11 scenario with the PIN, I am now going to run syncovery, from SOURCE, clone to onedrive;
and then run syncovery, on destination, to DOWNLOAD/clone, FROm onedrive.
i want to make sure that i can run this on couple machines.
thanks
nick