Disable email notification popup

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Efe_E

Disable email notification popup

Post by Efe_E »

We have Syncovery installed and a one thing I've have various users amending different profiles.

Under "Program Settings Dialog" > "Notify" we have enabled emails to send but we are also noticed that if you open any profile and press OK, the user is met with
Syncovery-1.png
Syncovery-1.png (8.46 KiB) Viewed 5919 times
and if the person says Yes, they are met with
Syncovery-2.png
Syncovery-2.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 5919 times
If the user presses No, then all email configuration for all profiles is disabled.

Is a way to completely disable this prompt so no user editing a single profile can disable emails for all profiles?

As a side, I think psychologically, pressing "No" implies "I don't wish to change my settings". I am aware the consequences of pressing No are explicitly listed, I just wonder if rewording that question slightly would remove the need to have the 3 line explanation about what happens if you press No.

tobias

Re: Disable email notification popup

Post by tobias »

Hello,
this happens because you have enabled e-mail notifications but not specified any recipients.

Please open the Program Settings dialog, go to the tab sheet "Notify", and click the button "SMTP Server and Recipients" and specify all the details, including recipients.

Alternatively, you can disable e-mail notifications on the Program Settings dialog. The question won't appear any more.

Efe_E

Re: Disable email notification popup

Post by Efe_E »

Thanks for the fix!

Feel free to mark this issue as closed