Confirmations Missing Error

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Greg.TaylorUSA

Confirmations Missing Error

Post by Greg.TaylorUSA »

Hello -- Updated to version 9.47v and one particular task fails to complete, returning the error "Confirmations missing" when running it through the scheduler as we usually do. The only troubleshooting I could find on the website refers to running the task in Unattended mode. The task is using Exact Mirror and didn't present a problem until the upgrade yesterday.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

tobias

Re: Confirmations Missing Error

Post by tobias »

Hello,
scheduled jobs run in unattended mode, basically. So any comments about unattended mode do apply.

The job probably wants to delete more files than allowed in the profile under Safety->Unattended Mode.

Details can be found in the log file.

I recommend running the job manually, in Attended Mode, so you can see what it wants to do and how many files it wants to delete, and confirm it.

Greg.TaylorUSA

Post by Greg.TaylorUSA »

Thanks. It deletes files when new ones are downloaded from FTP in the AM, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I set it to 100% deletion from default 90% since they all need to go (it's only 3 text files). My concern is that this task has been running fine with no tweaks until the version V upgrade we did yesterday afternoon. We were on version S before; is it possible to install an older version over the newer and have it keep all the profiles / INI settings intact? Just in case something odd happened to this job in this version or during the upgrade.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
which version did you have before? 9.47s?

In that case it can't be the version. These protections against potentially unwanted deletions have been unchanged for a long time.

But yes you can install 9.47s over any later 9.47 without losing anything.

Greg.TaylorUSA

Post by Greg.TaylorUSA »

It was version r. Thanks for update and let's see what happens in the morning.

Greg.TaylorUSA

Post by Greg.TaylorUSA »

I had version R on hand and reverted back to it from version V; now the profile is running without the missing confirmations error.

To be a little clearer, this issue began immediately after upgrading to version V, and when I would run the profile manually in version V -- a profile, by the way, I haven't touched in years -- using Unattended mode, it ran successfully; it was only when run as a background process -- and, as you say, this is also run in Unattended mode -- did it throw the error.

Is it possible the missing confirmations message is referring to deleted file confirmations that aren't specifically required in the profile? I know I'm the only one mentioning it at this point but it's a curious thing.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
that must be a coincidence. There is no difference between r and v in this area.

The reason why the deletions were disabled can be found in the log file.