Copy into run-named subfolders always copies everything

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
rikro-h

Copy into run-named subfolders always copies everything

Post by rikro-h »

Hi,

I am trying out Syncovery to see if it can help me with a specific problem.

I need to copy new files from left (local drive) to right (windows network drive). The number of files on the left side is quite large so I would like to split them on the network drive into subfolders, i.e. based on date (either original file creation date or date of the current run).

I didn't found any way to use the file date for a subfolder name, but tried the "Folder" > "Create a new folder on right side per run". This works on the same day, but if I run it again the next day, all data is scheduled to be copied again.

On the right side, no data should be deleted (it's both an input for further processing and an archive). Files on the left side might be periodically deleted but should stay on the right side (this does work).
If a file on the left is changed, it would be awesome, if the old file on the right was replaced, but it would be ok if a new file is created.

I hope you can point me into the right direction.

Thanks and best regards,
Richard

tobias

Re: Copy into run-named subfolders always copies everything

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you need to use the Archive Flag filters to avoid re-copying.

These are under "Masks & Filters" -> "General Filters".

You need both checkmarks.

It is possible to use subfolders based on the files' modification date with a PascalScript, but not trivial.

Replacing modified files would only be possible if they are in the same destination folder, so probably using today's date is better.

rikro-h

Re: Copy into run-named subfolders always copies everything

Post by rikro-h »

Many thanks, setting both archive flags works!

Replacing/deleting the old files is not really needed in this specific case, so that it fine!
Happy it works with just the correct checkboxes set!