How to restore deleted files that were moved into a specified folder?

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
f09f9484

How to restore deleted files that were moved into a specified folder?

Post by f09f9484 »

Hello! I'm currently trialing Syncovery 9.00e and so far so good, but I'm having some trouble restoring deleted files.

I'm testing with Google Drive as the cloud storage, syncing a local directory up in mirror mode with compression, encryption, versioning, and moving deletions to an "Archive" folder.

I can restore files that haven't been deleted without issue, as well as their older versions if any. However, if the files have been deleted and moved to the "Archive" folder specified, I can't seem to access them anymore other than directly in Google Drive's web UI. The filenames are encrypted as well, though, so I have no idea what anything is.

I tried both the restore wizard and duplicating the profile and swapping the copy direction. Both of these methods work fine for non-deleted files. I've also tried a fresh start without compression or any encryption, but no dice there either.

Am I missing something, or does Syncovery not allow restoration of deleted files/versions that were moved into a specified folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not finding much online and running out of ideas to try.

TL;DR How do I restore encrypted files that have been deleted locally, but still exist on cloud storage because they were moved into an "Archive" folder specified with the setting "Move Deleted Files Into A Specified Folder..."

Thanks,
Brian

Files:

Deletions:

Versioning:

Compression:

Encryption:

tobias

Re: How to restore deleted files that were moved into a specified folder?

Post by tobias »

Hello,
for this, you need to make a copy of your job (for example by changing the profile name, or using the "Save As.." button), and add
/$Archive
at the end of the Google Drive Path.

Then reverse the copying direction, so that it goes from right to left.

Change the operation mode to "Standard Copying". Do not use "Exact Mirror", as it would possibly delete files from your local drive.

Then run the profile in attended mode and choose the file(s) you need.

f09f9484

Re: How to restore deleted files that were moved into a specified folder?

Post by f09f9484 »

Ah, I didn't realize I had to add my archive folder to the end of the path but that makes sense. Works great now. Thanks tobias! :D