Files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
ChaosX

Files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

Post by ChaosX »

Following a recent update, Syncovery is spawning files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming instead of C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Syncovery

Bug?

tobias

Re: Files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

Post by tobias »

Hi,
I don't think this has changed, but because the number of INI files has increased a lot, it would be better to move them into the Syncovery folder.

I will think about how to do that in a safe way.

The default folder is C:\ProgramData\Syncovery, and there it really puts everything into the Syncovery folder.

ChaosX

Post by ChaosX »

tobias wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:46 pm
Hi,
I don't think this has changed, but because the number of INI files has increased a lot, it would be better to move them into the Syncovery folder.

I will think about how to do that in a safe way.

The default folder is C:\ProgramData\Syncovery, and there it really puts everything into the Syncovery folder.
I raise this again as the files are non-descript and live in ...\Roaming root, unlike every other app. Without Syncovery, I would have only a single file that isn't in a subfolder under "Roaming".

The thing is that my housecleaning wiped all these files, only to discover days later that Syncovery was blank and inactive.

A little house-keeping please. FWIW, I have no preference between \User\AppData\Roaming or ProgramData\Syncovery... :D
Thank you!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you just need to choose the default Syncovery.ini location on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet "Prefs".

It should be "one INI file for all users".

Then it will all be in the folder C:\ProgramData\Syncovery.