Rename File PASCAL Script returning Nothing To Do

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
wsoroka

Rename File PASCAL Script returning Nothing To Do

Post by wsoroka »

I’m working on the Syncovery for file transfer of Oracle files. I’m trying to run a simple PASCAL script to rename destination file names. The scripts I’m testing are those provided by Syncovery with no changes. Before the script is referenced in the profile, files are recognized. But after inserting the script, the profile is returning “Results: Nothing to do”. Can someone help this this problem?

OnReplaceFilenameLeftToRight Sample Script
This script will rename files when the file is copied from left to right. In our example, ‘-draft’ is added before the filename extension.

function OnReplaceFilenameLeftToRight(const FileName: UnicodeString;
const isFolder: Boolean):UnicodeString;
begin
if isFolder then
Result:=FileName
else
Result:=ChangeFileExt(FileName,'')+'-draft'+ExtractFileExt(FileName);
end;

tobias

Re: Rename File PASCAL Script returning Nothing To Do

Post by tobias »

Hello,
maybe due to the renaming, the masks in the profile don't match any more, if you have any (Inclusion/Exclusion).

To test jobs, please run them manually in attended mode and look at the Sync Preview. There you will also see your changed file names. Click "Show All" in the top left corner to check if Syncovery sees the files, but doesn't copy them because they already exist on the destination.

Many other settings can cause Syncovery to skip files, such as SmartTracking and others. Please post screenshots of your source and destination folders in Windows Explorer, as well as your complete profile settings (such as from the end of a log file).