Issue with encoded timestamp and having to reupload the same unchanged files constantly

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
linguy11

Issue with encoded timestamp and having to reupload the same unchanged files constantly

Post by linguy11 »

I'm noticing that when uploading to pCloud the timestamp it's adding to (some?) files are 5 hours ahead of the actual timestamp of the file on my system when it's uploaded. I have Filename Encoding enabled but every time I sync the profile it wants to overwrite everything endlessly.

I'm wondering:

A) Is the timestamp that is encoded in the filename the time on my local system or is it just a copy of whatever the destination has set for the timestamp at the time of upload?

B) Is there a way to have this thing only ever check the encoded timestamp and not ever use the timestamp the destination adds to the file since it can't be trusted?

I know there's the ability to define this thing to ignore timestamps exactly X hours different but I can't trust that all files have this timestamp discrepancy.

Seems that setting the "Cache Destination File List" is a work around but is this my only option or there another way to handle this?

Thanks

tobias

Re: Issue with encoded timestamp and having to reupload the same unchanged files constantly

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the encoded time is the original time, but time-zone independently stored as a UTC world time.

Filename Encoding ensures that the timestamps are preserved and can be compared correctly, on subsequential syncs.

It should work fine. I do not see any problems. Can you send a screenshot of the Sync Preview where I can see file details of files that it wants to re-copy?

Maybe there is some other setting that causes this. Could you post the last part of a log file, which contains your settings? Or send to support@syncovery.com.