Timestamps

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
james194zt

Timestamps

Post by james194zt »

Hi,

I am looking for a tool and Syncovery looks like the right one so am running a 30 day trial to see if I can get it to do this, I am trying to sync my NAS to Google Drive easy enough and seems to be happy and works great.

The issue I am trying to resolve is that I initially migrated this Google drive between 2 tenants (Google Takeback from an education drive to my new business tenant), having 12TB of data that was originally synced from my local NAS to the original education drive and is now syncing fine with the business tenant.

What I would like to do is restore the timestamp on all my files, I seem to have managed to get Syncovery to restore the folder timestamps, but is there a way for it to run through each of the files and correct it with the NAS as the point of reference? I have played with the settings but not managed to get it working.

Thanks

tobias

Re: Timestamps

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, if you set the profile to copy in one direction only, you can set it to adjust timestamps for files which have the same size still.

The option is on the "Comparison" tab sheet:
When Size Is Identical:
X Never Copy, Adjust Timestamp Only

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
some additional thoughts:

a) it will probably take a while to complete this task.
You may be able to increate the number of files being processed in parallel on the "Files" tab sheet in the profile. The option is "Number of files to be copied in parallel" but it applies to other actions too, including adjusting timestamps.

b) the Sync Preview may just show "Copy" actions, but it will really only adjust the timestamps. You should see that in the processing speed.

c) remember to remove the timestamp adjustment option when this is done, so future syncs will work normally.

james194zt

Post by james194zt »

Interesting,

I did the below already, thinking it would do what I wanted.

The option is on the "Comparison" tab sheet:
When Size Is Identical:
X Never Copy, Adjust Timestamp Only

But it only seemed to fix the folder timestamps, the job completed successfully and on the preview you see <time next to file entries, but it never seems to update them.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
are you running the latest version 9.39 on a Windows machine?

Can you run a test on a smaller folder and send the log file to support@syncovery.com?

You can get to the Logs folder via the File menu -> Show Log Folder.