"Getting History" process takes too much time. How to avoid that?

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Redwood

"Getting History" process takes too much time. How to avoid that?

Post by Redwood »

"Getting History" process takes too much time with folders having many files. What is it for?
Is it possible to avoid that in the case of one-computer one-way mirror copying to cloud account (OneDrive or Google Drive)?

tobias

Re: "Getting History" process takes too much time. How to avoid that?

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you can disable the changes-based listing on the second tab sheet of the Internet dialog. But then Syncovery needs to request the file contents for each subfolder separately every time the job runs. This is often slower than getting the changes.

tobias

Post by tobias »

I am now developing a new mode (for uploading only), where Syncovery maintains all cloud folder and file names and IDs in a database on its own and doesn't need to get the changes when running the job.

In this mode, if you change something directly on the cloud storage, Syncovery won't be aware of it. But it will be much faster.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
Syncovery 9.38 now adds a way to avoid lengthy “Getting History” for Google Drive for upload-only profiles. Please see the new checkmark on the Advanced tab sheet of the Internet dialog: “Upload Only – Don’t Get Updated Listing From Cloud Server (Beta)”. This checkmark requires the Changes Based Listing checkmark to be chosen also.

Redwood

Post by Redwood »

Great! Thanks!
Does it work with OneDrive for Business?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
in this version it's only for Google Drive but I will add the other clouds ASAP. I can add OneDrive for Business today.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the new version 9.38a now extends the new checkmark “Upload Only – Don’t Get Updated Listing From Cloud Server (Beta)” to work with Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Graph.

Contractor5Prepays9

Post by Contractor5Prepays9 »

what checkmarks are needed to REDO the listing (in event cloud had some unilateral changes done), just so i have this scenario correct?
thanks

tobias

Post by tobias »

You need to delete the cloud cache database. The path and database name are shown in each log file.