How to encrypt folder names without encrypting file names at the same time?

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Redwood

How to encrypt folder names without encrypting file names at the same time?

Post by Redwood »

I have a question about "Encrypt Folder Names" option (Profile Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Compress/Encrypt -> Encryption -> Encrypt Folder Names (including existing folders on the right-hand side))
Why it is not possible to choose folder names encryption without choosing file names encryption at the same time?
Collection of my photos has personal information in folder names but not in file names. So it makes sense to encrypt folder names only and have file names intact in such cases. It will be more convenient to have file names unencrypted to restore specific photos if needed.

Regarding "including existing folders on the right-hand side". How does Syncovery detect which of existing folders on the right-hand side have their names encrypted already? How to switch off such behavior?

tobias

Re: How to encrypt folder names without encrypting file names at the same time?

Post by tobias »

Hello,
thanks for the suggestions. I will consider them. Originally the folder name encryption required all folder names to be encrypted but maybe that could be changed.

Syncovery can recognize encrypted names because they contain something similar to a checksum or signature in the name.